Ignoring Index marker?

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Pheonix

Ignoring Index marker?

Post by Pheonix »

Whenever I load Kryoflux raw stream files, the HxC software seems t ignore the index markers. The tracks are all over the place, even thought the red index marks seem to all be present (the just aren't lined up.) If I convert to another format using other software, then load, they line up just fine. Am I missing something? I looked for a manual, but all I can find is the HW manual (I guess I'm just blind, sorry.)

On a related note, is there any way to shift single tracks? Doing that, I could manually line them up, but nothing I've tried seems to work. It either shifts all tracks, or none.

Attached is a picture of a Disk View of a sample disk (grabbed randomly from my dumps.) I'm using HxC Software v2.9.1.2 for Windows.
Attachments
IndxMrk.jpg
IndxMrk.jpg (159.98 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ignoring Index marker?

Post by Jeff »

This is an issue with the latest version. should be fixed on the next version.
Use the previous version.

You can shift one track.

Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

OK, thank you. That fixed the index issue for now. But I still can't figure out how to shift single tracks without stripping it out, shifting it, then pasting it back in. I'll keep digging, though.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Pheonix wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:00 pm
OK, thank you. That fixed the index issue for now. But I still can't figure out how to shift single tracks without stripping it out, shifting it, then pasting it back in. I'll keep digging, though.
Just use the "shift" function in the edit tools.

Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

OK, got that working too now after a bit of experimentation. First the gradient is a lot finer than I had anticipated. Using small values will not produce visible results. Second, using it in Disk View Mode seems to be problematical. The side/track selector seems to change on me each time :( I have to use it in Track View Mode then switch to Disk View Mode to see results.