Disk images not in alphabetical order

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
guybblue

Disk images not in alphabetical order

Post by guybblue »

Hi guys,
I've got a new HxC happily installed in my Ensoniq EPS keyboard, and a batch of disk images on it all neatly named – some blanks, plus some with sounds. In OSX, all looks very neat and orderly, for example:

Blank0001.hfe
Blank0002.hfe
Blank0003.hfe
Blank0004.hfe
Disk0001.hfe
Disk0002.hfe
WarmPad.hfe
Wineglass.hfe

But when I load the SD card into my EPS and scroll through these disk images, the order is garbled. I get something like

Blank0001.hfe
Wineglass.hfe
Blank0002.hfe
Blank0003.hfe
Disk0001.hfe
Blank0004.hfe
Disk0002.hfe
WarmPad.hfe

This is suboptimal for finding stuff :-D

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or what option I could change to get things back to simple alphabetical ordering? Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Disk images not in alphabetical order

Post by Jeff »

guybblue

Post by guybblue »

Hmmm... okay, I see what might be going on there. But since I'm on a Mac, how do I actually change this? In the post you link to, there's a Windows utility for changing the FAT order, but I can't use that. Does the HxC have any functionality to allow this to be switched itself?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

guybblue wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 am
Hmmm... okay, I see what might be going on there. But since I'm on a Mac, how do I actually change this? In the post you link to, there's a Windows utility for changing the FAT order, but I can't use that. Does the HxC have any functionality to allow this to be switched itself?
after a very quick search on google:
For MAC OS X, Linux & windows too : http://www.luisrios.eti.br/public/en_us/projects/yafs/

and there is probably other fat sorter available for mac.