Change of basic design: Multi floppies on one CF Card

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
FairlightIIx

Change of basic design: Multi floppies on one CF Card

Post by FairlightIIx »

It would be great if there would be a method to use just one CF card (1 GB) and format it in such way that it could hold 1000 images (= 1000 floppies).
They could be selected by 3 buttons (or other method). With the 3 buttons you could select the floppy number (0-999). A 3 digit display would show the selected number. (Each button changes its corresponding digit from 0-9).

Also cool: A display with the names of the floppies.

Is there someone willing to build a few dedicated versions for the Fairlight CMI IIx (Different connector)?

Kind regards,

Peter Kersten.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Change of basic design: Multi floppies on one CF Card

Post by Jeff »

FairlightIIx wrote:It would be great if there would be a method to use just one CF card (1 GB) and format it in such way that it could hold 1000 images (= 1000 floppies).
They could be selected by 3 buttons (or other method). With the 3 buttons you could select the floppy number (0-999). A 3 digit display would show the selected number. (Each button changes its corresponding digit from 0-9).

Also cool: A display with the names of the floppies.

Is there someone willing to build a few dedicated versions for the Fairlight CMI IIx (Different connector)?

Kind regards,

Peter Kersten.
Why a CF ? did you see the sdcard version ? :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... u_pictures

FairlightIIx

Post by FairlightIIx »

Any medium is just fine.

FairlightIIx

Any news on the Fairlight front?

Post by FairlightIIx »

Sorry to bother you all again, but hey, it's 2010, I'm getting old far more rapidly than I'd like. :shock:
Anyone out there willing to help save the CMI IIx before all of them waste away unused?

Did I say "please" ?
I'll say it now: PLEASE.............

Regards,

Peter.