Selling of HxCFDE

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
cdoty

Post by cdoty »

Jeff wrote:Very sorry, but i will probably never sell this emulator. :-(
Why, what's happened? It looks like very promising hardware.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

cdoty wrote:
Jeff wrote:Very sorry, but i will probably never sell this emulator. :-(
Why, what's happened? It looks like very promising hardware.
Yes, but it's mainly due to lack of time. Reasonably, i can't manufacture this device...

timofonic

Post by timofonic »

You should look at other projects:

- MIDIbox: is a open source modular DIY hardware and software MIDI platform built around the PIC family of microcontrollers (specifically the PIC18F452, PIC16F88 and PIC18F4620). The MIDIbox project is strictly licensed for non-commercial use (taken from wikipedia). The project is done by their users and certain guys like SmashTV that sells them in DIY kits without profit (just costs).

- divIDE: it's an ATA interface to ZX Spectrum, that adds intereesting features like able to use emulator formats (TAP, SNA, Z80, SCR) with a software. This project is manufactured by some small vintage manufacturers like: Papaya Labs (UK), RWAP Software (UK), http://www.divide.cz and maybe many more. More information on divIDE site and digging in Google.

With this I mean you can ask to vintage hardware manufacturers like those for manufacturing your project to the people, or waiting for request to that. All this depends on what kind of license you want to put into your project.

I think firmly your project is so interesting to a wide range of vintage platforms, that you will can find quite easy a few small vintage hardware manufacturers ready to sell your product to the retro world.

AmiDog

Post by AmiDog »

Jeff wrote:Yes, but it's mainly due to lack of time. Reasonably, i can't manufacture this device...
Have you tried to contact Individual Computers?