Eagle files

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Azzrael

Eagle files

Post by Azzrael »

Hi Jeff, is there any eagle files for the SDCARD HxC Floppy Emulator that you can upload? or is there somebody else how have done some eagle file. i like the original layout, simpel and right size.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Eagle files

Post by Jeff »

Azzrael wrote:Hi Jeff, is there any eagle files for the SDCARD HxC Floppy Emulator that you can upload? or is there somebody else how have done some eagle file. i like the original layout, simpel and right size.
No eagle file since i don't use eagle. It's a LAYOUT based pcb (Cadence - Orcad)

shprivat

Re: Eagle files

Post by shprivat »

Azzrael wrote:Hi Jeff, is there any eagle files for the SDCARD HxC Floppy Emulator that you can upload? or is there somebody else how have done some eagle file. i like the original layout, simpel and right size.
I made a PCB from a very slightly changed design made by Pryanick using Eagle (*.brd file).

If I get Jeff's permission I can send you the Eagle files as well as the layout diagram. The only change compared to the original prototype is a changed power section (can be directly connected to floppy power cable, no special power adapter needed). It is 100% software compatible with the original prototype.

Sven

Azzrael

Post by Azzrael »

shprivat: i like that :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Azzrael wrote:shprivat: i like that :)
i recommend you to wait a little because the final version is almost ready.

Azzrael

Post by Azzrael »

jeff: nice :) are you releasing the final version in january or will it be leter?

alexfreed

Non-Eagle version

Post by alexfreed »

I was making an unrelated prototype board and since the incremental cost for merging a second area to the same board was virtually zero I did a quick and dirty prototype of the Jeff's *new* design - a single TTL chip. Not much attempt made at miniaturization but the board is about 1/2 the size of the original single-layer board.
It won't be hard to fit ALL the electronics under the LCD screen so that the whole board could fit into a 3.5" floppy opening in a standard PC style case.

Anyway since Jeff promised a software update to match the changed design I'll wait for that rather than trying to modify the old one.

I'll be happy to share the Gerbers and/or the design file. I use Altium Designer, not Eagle.

http://alexfreed.com/FPGApple/SD_disk.jpg

-Alex.

swasti

Post by swasti »

wow. the board looks very fine.
the only (bad) thing i think is that its not so easy to put it in an amiga (internal).
but i´m sure there will be a solution to use it internal. (or 2 different layouts?)

swasti

petersieg

Post by petersieg »

@alexfreed: Hey, looks great!

Could you please send me your design files incl. gerber and the firmware you used.. probably a zip archive to: peter.sieg1 (at) gmx.de

Thanks!
Peter

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

petersieg wrote:@alexfreed: Hey, looks great!

Could you please send me your design files incl. gerber and the firmware you used.. probably a zip archive to: peter.sieg1 (at) gmx.de

Thanks!
Peter
Sorry there are no firmware for this. please wait the official version.
(i don't support third party pcb... thanks for your understanding...)