newbie help please

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
veloopity

newbie help please

Post by veloopity »

I'd like to help a friend (who has a Prophet 2000 and an installed HxC) convert his sound collection to .hfe files on the SD card.

So far, I have set up a Windows XP computer with an internal floppy disk, installed the fdrawcmd driver and the floppy disk emulator software. Now what? I can click 'floppy dump' and a floppy is read and recognized, so at least that seems to work.

I would simply like to transform the contents of a stack of Prophet2000 sample floppies to the .hfe format that I can put on an SD card later. But for the life of me, I don't understand all the program options, even after reading the pdf. What do I have to do?

(btw I'm surprised that there is no complete .hfe library with all Prophet2000 sounds available anywhere. Why does everyone have to do the work again?)

best

-Michael

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: newbie help please

Post by Jeff »

veloopity wrote:I'd like to help a friend (who has a Prophet 2000 and an installed HxC) convert his sound collection to .hfe files on the SD card.

So far, I have set up a Windows XP computer with an internal floppy disk, installed the fdrawcmd driver and the floppy disk emulator software. Now what? I can click 'floppy dump' and a floppy is read and recognized, so at least that seems to work.

I would simply like to transform the contents of a stack of Prophet2000 sample floppies to the .hfe format that I can put on an SD card later. But for the life of me, I don't understand all the program options, even after reading the pdf. What do I have to do?
Once dumped, select the shugart interface mode into the sd hxc setting window and just export the image to hfe.
veloopity wrote: (btw I'm surprised that there is no complete .hfe library with all Prophet2000 sounds available anywhere. Why does everyone have to do the work again?)
Maybe because the Prophet2000 community is not very active, and many peoples don't like to share for free...

veloopity

Post by veloopity »

Once dumped, select the shugart interface mode into the sd hxc setting window and just export the image to hfe.
that's what I mean. What?? :) I need a step-by-step guide here as the user interface is a complete mystery, or needs lots of expert knowledge.

Here's what I did:

1. I insert a floppy and click on "floppy disk dump". I click "read disk" and after a few seconds, there is an output in the status fields that looks like the floppy was read. I click Ok to leave this window. I assume that the floppy was read into RAM or somewhere but no file was written.

2. "select the shugart interface mode into the sd hxc setting window" - not sure what to do exactly. When I open "SD HxC Floppy Emulator settings", all the options mean nothing to me. There is something in the upper right corner saying "Generic Shugart", but it is grayed out, and a checkbox "Auto" is checked

3. "Just export the image" - how? when I click the "Export" button, there is a message "no floppy loaded".

The End.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »