SD Card Issues

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
ChrisCwmbran

SD Card Issues

Post by ChrisCwmbran »

Hi all,

I have a brand new HxC revision C from Lotharek that arrived today.

I'm having real problems however getting it to accept cards.

I've tried a range of SDHC cards in it each of which see regular use in a digital camera without issue and when these cards are inserted the display still cycles though the "No SD/SDHC card found!" screens. I don't see any attempt to access them at all really. When I say range I mean perhaps 10 cards varying from 4Gb upto 32Gb. I even tried a 64Gb even though I note it is beyond what the manual suggests. The cards have been a mixture of Transcend and SanDisk cards. These definitely work fine in Canon EOS cameras etc.

I have one card it seems happy with - or at least responds to the card by moaning the CFG file isn't found - but that's expected as I haven't but the CFG file on the card. This card is a 2Gb SD card made by Memorex.

Any ideas please?

ChrisCwmbran

Re: SD Card Issues

Post by ChrisCwmbran »

Ok I've resolved this issue myself. It turns out the power transformer I was using was outputting enough power for the HxC to use an SD card but not an SDHC card!

Thanks anyway!

Chris

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD Card Issues

Post by Jeff »

ChrisCwmbran wrote:Ok I've resolved this issue myself. It turns out the power transformer I was using was outputting enough power for the HxC to use an SD card but not an SDHC card!

Thanks anyway!

Chris
Yes, don't mess with the power supplies...
:D

Anyway i recommend to use the machine +5V line for the emulator.