I can't Format The Card

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Peppercorn

I can't Format The Card

Post by Peppercorn »

Hi
I have a HXC Floppy Emulator and am running Win7 64bit

I'm TRYING to understand this thing as well as I can but I can't get pass the first step. the emulator can't see the card inserted even though the card has been formatted in another computer. When I try to access or format my card it says

"There is no Disk in Drive A Please insert a disk"

I have the lights on and the LCD is asking for a HFE file (which I have loaded onto the card via another computer with an SD Card port) I think I have it setup correctly but I don't understand why it can't see or access the card.

How can I copy a hfe file onto the card if it can't see the disk?????????

Peppercorn

Re: I can't Format The Card

Post by Peppercorn »

Can anyone help?? or am I so stupid that I'm missing something so obvious??

Any help would be appreciated

The emulator is recognised by Windows but not the card? Every time I try and access the drive it asks me to insert a disk

Thanks for any help

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Have you copied some disk images to the SDCard ?

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

Peppercorn

Post by Peppercorn »

Thanks for responding Jeff

Yes I have copied some images from the 1.44mb pc images. I had to do that from another computer with an sd card port because everytime I try and access the HXC Floppy emulator, which shows up as the A Drive on my main computer it cpmes up with a message "Please insert a disk into the Drive"

I can't even format the drive without that message coming up. That's why I'm stuck and, confused to be honest. I must have something screwed up but everything seems OK??

Peppercorn

Post by Peppercorn »

OK Alright "Stop The Presses"

I restarted the computer, I changed the jumper to another spot and this time it worked.

So, I am at step 1. I have a long way to go but step 1 is OK for me at present, I'm happy wityh that!

Thanks again for your assistance Jeff.