Converting Apple DOS/GCR to Sector Format

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
groakus

Converting Apple DOS/GCR to Sector Format

Post by groakus »

Hello!

I'm a digital archivist for a university library. I would like to use our Supercard Pro to convert Early 90s Macintosh disks (Apple DOS, GCR) to the *.SCP, and then HxC from *.SCP to *.IMG (image based). I don't, however, believe that HxC can convert GCR. Am I wrong?

Does anyone know of a converter that might help me? Again, I'm using Supercard Pro, so it has to convert from *.SCP.

Note: I have a KryoFlux, and it can convert the disks without a problem. However, due to licensing restrictions, it would be better for us to use the Supercard Pro.

Thanks!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Converting Apple DOS/GCR to Sector Format

Post by Jeff »

The HxC software already support Apple DOS sector exporting & importing.
However the library DPLL parameters must be tweaked to analyze the Apple stream correctly. Anyway this can be done quickly if you share some of your dumps.

groakus

Post by groakus »

Sorry it has taken so long to respond - can I send you one of these dumps directly? If so, how can I get in contact with you? Thanks for your help!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

groakus wrote:Sorry it has taken so long to respond - can I send you one of these dumps directly? If so, how can I get in contact with you? Thanks for your help!
yes.

Just send me an email to :