Direct Access: Forgets last image when exit to normal mode

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
prodatron

Direct Access: Forgets last image when exit to normal mode

Post by prodatron »

I don't know if it's my fault, but when I exit Direct Access Mode and return to normal mode (seeking back to track 0-39 or using CMD_SET_TRACK_POS) the last selected disc image isn't active anymore.
I have to use the HxC control buttons to select an image again. It seems that the last image has been "ejected".

Is this a usual behaviour or could it be possible, that I do something wrong when entering or leaving direct access mode?
Or do I have to use the CMD_SELECT_IMAGE_INDEX command always before leaving direct access mode?

Thanks and regards,
Prodatron
http://www.symbos.de
EVERYTHING WE KNOW IS WRONG

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Direct Access: Forgets last image when exit to normal mo

Post by Jeff »

prodatron wrote:I don't know if it's my fault, but when I exit Direct Access Mode and return to normal mode (seeking back to track 0-39 or using CMD_SET_TRACK_POS) the last selected disc image isn't active anymore.
I have to use the HxC control buttons to select an image again. It seems that the last image has been "ejected".

Is this a usual behaviour or could it be possible, that I do something wrong when entering or leaving direct access mode?
Or do I have to use the CMD_SELECT_IMAGE_INDEX command always before leaving direct access mode?

Thanks and regards,
Prodatron
Did you have modify the CFG file ?
and which setting are you using ?

prodatron

Re: Direct Access: Forgets last image when exit to normal mo

Post by prodatron »

Thanks for the hint! Now it's working after putting an image in each of the 16 sections with the Amstrad file selection tool.
I will study the documentation now a little bit deeper to prevent more stupid questions :)
http://www.symbos.de
EVERYTHING WE KNOW IS WRONG