Compile of HxC on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) 32 Bit

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
ldkraemer

Compile of HxC on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) 32 Bit

Post by ldkraemer »

Jeff,
I'm trying to compile the Hxc Software on Ubuntu 8.04 and I'm getting an error.

Here is the output of the "make" command:
ln ../../../build/libhxcfe.so libhxcfe.so
ln ../../../build/libusbhxcfe.so libusbhxcfe.so
g++ -o hxcfloppyemulator main.o utils.o main_gui.o about_gui.o batch_converter_window.o floppy_dump_window.o floppy_infos_window.o license_gui.o log.o rawfile_loader_window.o sdhxcfecfg_window.o usbhxcfecfg_window.o cb_batch_converter_window.o cb_floppy_dump_window.o cb_floppy_infos_window.o cb_rawfile_loader_window.o cb_sdhxcfecfg_window.o cb_usbhxcfecfg_window.o cb_filesystem_generator_window.o filesystem_generator_window.o microintro.o lzw.o pack.o rle.o hxcmod.o loader.o soft_cfg_file.o fileselector.o ../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk.a ../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk_images.a libhxcfe.so libusbhxcfe.so ../../../build/libhxcadaptor.a -lc -lm -ldl -lpthread -Wl,-rpath=. -lX11
../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk.a(Fl_Double_Window.o): In function `can_xdbe()':
Fl_Double_Window.cxx:(.text+0xf0): undefined reference to `XdbeQueryExtension'
Fl_Double_Window.cxx:(.text+0x127): undefined reference to `XdbeGetVisualInfo'
Fl_Double_Window.cxx:(.text+0x164): undefined reference to `XdbeFreeVisualInfo'
../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk.a(Fl_Double_Window.o): In function `Fl_Double_Window::flush(int)':
Fl_Double_Window.cxx:(.text+0x325): undefined reference to `XdbeAllocateBackBufferName'
Fl_Double_Window.cxx:(.text+0x41a): undefined reference to `XdbeSwapBuffers'
../sources/thirdpartylibs/fltk/fltk-1.3.x/lib/libfltk.a(Fl_Double_Window.o): In function `Fl_Double_Window::resize(int, int, int, int)':
Fl_Double_Window.cxx:(.text+0x710): undefined reference to `XdbeDeallocateBackBufferName'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [hxcfloppyemulator] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/larry/Downloads/hxcfloppyemu-code-1153/HxCFloppyEmulator/HxCFloppyEmulator_software/trunk/build'
make: *** [../HxCFloppyEmulator_software/trunk/build/] Error 2
larry@larry-desktop:~/Downloads/hxcfloppyemu-code-1153/HxCFloppyEmulator/build$

Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

Larry

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Compile of HxC on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) 32 Bit

Post by Jeff »

Similar to :
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... 8014#p8014

you probably miss some X11 devel library.

ldkraemer

Post by ldkraemer »

Jeff,
THANKS, for reminding me of that development library. I forgot about it.

Larry

ldkraemer

Post by ldkraemer »

Jeff,
I finally got the HxC Source built on Ubuntu 8.04. I know it's OLD software, and needs to be updated immediately, but I just needed to
be able to write a Floppy with the TRSDOS13.DSK File.

In this OLD Ubuntu version I had to edit the Makefile to add -lXext to the end of "-lX11" for the software to compile. I don't know why that
happened, but it worked.

Now, I've executed the HxC software, and loaded TRSDOS13.DSK. When I try to write the floppy, it just goes back to the original opening
screen, with the software image still loaded. No floppy access happens, not even a flash of the Drive LED.

My module is loaded for floppy, I (user) am a member of group floppy, and fdutils in installed. The floppy displays in my file manager,
but is not mounted. The floppy is /dev/fd0 and I can access it with the Emulator xtrs. That was how I ended up writing the Image to floppy,
after I configured xtrs to boot TRSDOS13.DSK.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions for trying to write a .DSK CP/M image to a DS/DD 360K 48TPI floppy drive with HxC?

I'm going to update that OLD Desktop with a newer Linux Distro, but I'm presently in the middle of trying to get preservation files for CP/M Boot
Floppy's created.

Thanks.

Larry