Low Level Format AND CP/M Format

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Oldnuc

Low Level Format AND CP/M Format

Post by Oldnuc »

How do I use the "Low Level Format" feature as described in Section 5.6 of Slim SD HxC UG? I am using the Indexed Mode, and have tried the following:
1 - a blank SD,
2 - an SD with just the HXSDFE.CFG file,
3 - one with the .CFG file and an empty (zero byte) .HFE file,
4 - one with a " blank image" generated by the floppy emulator (which makes no sense to me as you need to know what to put in it to make it.)
5 - an SD with just the HXSDFE.CFG file & a " blank image" generated by the floppy emulator.
6 - some combinations of the above

ALL of the above give me an error message of either a "BDOS disk read error" or a "not supported by this disk ...." message

Also, the ONLY way I can make a bootable disk for CP/M is to make a bootable disk on a disk and read with the HxC floppy Emulator and then save the generated file to an HFE file on the SD. I can copy files to a "Blank Image" saved from a blank disk formatted on the computer and converted by the HxC Floppy Emulator to an HFE, BUT I can not SYSGEN this "Blank Image" again, I get BDOS errors or just a long pause of nothing.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Low Level Format AND CP/M Format

Post by Jeff »

Can you post the bootable image here ?

Oldnuc

Post by Oldnuc »

HOW?????
The attach file feature below will not let me attach HFE files, Will not let me attach the file if I call it .txt, or let me attach it if I zip it - Says limit is 256kb and the zipped file is 280. Even with Zip set to maximum compression it is still 275 KB

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Oldnuc wrote:HOW?????
The attach file feature below will not let me attach HFE files, Will not let me attach the file if I call it .txt, or let me attach it if I zip it - Says limit is 256kb and the zipped file is 280. Even with Zip set to maximum compression it is still 275 KB

Oldnuc

Post by Oldnuc »

Finally got it to SYSGEN in CPM. With the “SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Settings” set for “Auto” rather than “Generic Shugart” I can SYSGEN a “Blank” floppy image that was converted to an HFE by the “HxCFloppyEmulator.”