Rev "F" Mounting Hole Locations - incorrect?

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
stevendt

Rev "F" Mounting Hole Locations - incorrect?

Post by stevendt »

Hi,

I have been looking at the mounting drawings for the Rev "F" and the mounting hole positions do not seem to correspond to those on a real 3.5" floppy drive.

Either the drawing is incorrect, or mounting the Rev "F" in a standard 3.5" drive tray would be problematic for me.

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Has a Rev "F" been mounted in a standard PC FDD bay, particularly, using a 5.25" to 3.5" drive adapter which uses the side mounting holes, rather than the ones on the bottom of the drive?

Looking at the drawing, my particular issue is with the side holes.

On a standard 3.5" FDD, the holes towards the front of the drive have the holes on the side offset from those on the bottom by ~10mm.
The drive of the Rev "F" shows them in the same place, relative to the front (or back) of the drive.
This would mean that the mounting hole on the side, closest to the front of the drive, would be too far backwards to fit my drive mounting trays.

Similarly, the two rearmost side holes appear to be about 4mm away from where they should be?

(The facia is also 1mm taller than it should be, but this may not be a problem)

regards
Dave

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Rev "F" Mounting Hole Locations - incorrect?

Post by Jeff »

i am not sure that the mounting drawings for the Rev "F" is up to date. But i will let Lotharek to confirm this.

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

Thnak You for poinitnig. it is very, veru first drawing.

will fix that
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

stevendt

Post by stevendt »

Hi Lotharek,

thanks for the message. Can you let me know when you have uploaded a revised GA drawing to your site please?

regards
Dave