Rev F casing not quite 1 to 1

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
tuf

Rev F casing not quite 1 to 1

Post by tuf »

I just tried fitting my Rev F into a standard 3.5 to 5.25 adapter and it's not fitting at all. The Rev F face is too wide and tall to fit in a standard 3.5 inch opening. I confirmed this with 2 Rev Fs and a variety of devices (DPX-1 for instance).

I also notice that the included screws don't thread properly - matter of fact I cant find any screws that thread into it.

Anyone else having issues like this or did I just get a weird batch (both of my Rev Fs are like this).

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Rev F casing not quite 1 to 1

Post by Jeff »

Yes if you get the first batch, this is possible that there are some mechanical problems. This should be solved now but i prefer that Lotharek confirm this point.
When did you got your RevF emulators ?

tuf

Post by tuf »

Jeff wrote:Yes if you get the first batch, this is possible that there are some mechanical problems. This should be solved now but i prefer that Lotharek confirm this point.
When did you got your RevF emulators ?
I got my original one just after they first came out, but the two I'm testing with now I bought in August 2012. All 3 have the issues fitting into 3.5 inch bays.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

tuf wrote: I got my original one just after they first came out, but the two I'm testing with now I bought in August 2012. All 3 have the issues fitting into 3.5 inch bays.
ok this was the first batch. There was some mechanical fitting with some devices. This should be corrected. Anyway Lotharek will check all these points.

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

in 99% batches 1-6 were mechanically OK for most devices..

this 1% was corrected in every unit bought this year.so, all units now are improved
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

tuf

Post by tuf »

lotharek wrote:in 99% batches 1-6 were mechanically OK for most devices..

this 1% was corrected in every unit bought this year.so, all units now are improved
How did you correct them? It looks like id have to bend the front panel to make them fit properly, and that'd require a machine to do.

Would it be possible for me to just get the trays from you so I could replace these?

Thanks!

tuf

Post by tuf »

Bump, these are hard to use, especially in Oberheim DPX-1s which have a thick metal opening for the 3.5 inch floppy :(

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

contact me to personal mail so i could help
..... Atari Roxxx !!!