USB HxC Floppy Emulator - Write support - question to Jeff

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
Cyprian

USB HxC Floppy Emulator - Write support - question to Jeff

Post by Cyprian »

Hi Jeff,

do you have any plan to implement Write mode support to USB HxC Floppy Emulator?
If no, are there any contraindications to implement that mode(e.g. from hardware point of view)?
thanks
Mega ST 1 / 7800 / Portfolio / Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm
http://260ste.atari.org

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: USB HxC Floppy Emulator - Write support - question to Je

Post by Jeff »

Cyprian wrote:Hi Jeff,

do you have any plan to implement Write mode support to USB HxC Floppy Emulator?
If no, are there any contraindications to implement that mode(e.g. from hardware point of view)?
thanks
If you are talking about the actual usb floppy emulator hardware, this not possible mainly because the cpld is actually full.

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Jeff states on the following link on the last paragraph the next stage of the project is to add write support and use more modern parts:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 41&t=58345

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Mark Thompson wrote:Jeff states on the following link on the last paragraph the next stage of the project is to add write support and use more modern parts:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 41&t=58345
Exactly ! :wink:

Cyprian

Post by Cyprian »

great news
Mega ST 1 / 7800 / Portfolio / Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm
http://260ste.atari.org

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

That's great news, but I'll probably still buy the one that you've got now as well as the new one and that's great to think that we might be able to write to out PCs. To think of the possibilities of being able to back-up real disks to our PCs on the fly is amazing and not to mention being able to save to our computer, but the existing USB is amazing anyway even though there's no write support as yet.

Kalahari Meerkat

Post by Kalahari Meerkat »

Looking forward to the new development as I hope this will resolve my issues. Any news on the progress possible release dates?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Kalahari Meerkat wrote:Looking forward to the new development as I hope this will resolve my issues.
Which issues ?!?

Kalahari Meerkat

Hi Jeff, no issue with the HxC just that I need a USB emulator with write support.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Kalahari Meerkat wrote:Hi Jeff, no issue with the HxC just that I need a USB emulator with write support.
By USB you mean USB Key ?

Kalahari Meerkat

I was looking at your Raspberrry Pi (wifi/lan access, automation) + HxC USB emulator setup and the cjwalters post about automating file feeds to a machine. This looked like a very useful configuration but I will need to develop the required system to do so.

You hint as improving the emulator and I was wondering what your vision was such as adding wifi/lan support etc?

A USB Key version of the HxC emulator that reads a usb memory stick will great too as not all PC's have a SD card readers but they all have a USB ports which will make data copy and transfer much easier.