Slim version user interface

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
seldon

Slim version user interface

Post by seldon »

I just acquired slim version of SD card emulator for my Amiga and it works great. There is just one small issue - the user interface. I love adventure games and that means even 15 disks to switch between (Beaneath a Steel Sky for example). There are two inconvenient things:
- it's hard to keep track on which disk is currently loaded
- as current disk number is indicated by number of beeps for higher disks switching becomes very slow.
Therefore i thought about using 2 digit 7 segment LED display. I planned on connecting it to 2 BCD up counters (4510) through 2 BCD to 7 segment decoder drivers (4511). Lower counters input would be connected to the switch on PCB to increase disk number. There is only one problem - I need a reset signal to set counter on 0 when user switches from the last slot to the slot 0 or if he holds the button for some time to jump straight to the slot 0. Is it possible to get such signal from the PCB somehow?
Last edited by seldon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Slim version user interface

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

In fact there is an I2C bus available on J3 to connect a front panel (for LCD, BCD display and extra key, any maybe an overlay board ;) ).
I will provide an new firmware with the LCD support soon.

seldon

Post by seldon »

Great!!! And of course it will be possible to disable beeping indicator?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

seldon wrote:Great!!! And of course it will be possible to disable beeping indicator?
sure !

seldon

Post by seldon »

Any news on new firmware version?