Bootloader

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
HuskyTE

Bootloader

Post by HuskyTE »

Hi,

My name is Jordi, I'm from Spain, I have an Atari Falcon 030, and I bought long time ago a HxC, rev. B board.

I'm back to try again the device in my Falcon, and I discovered a new firm version on your site.

But I got stuck, because I have the old bootloader, but I can't find anywhere the new one.

The old posts about it, always direct me to the last firm, in which there are no bootloader update anymore.

Can someone post the bootloader update?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Bootloader

Post by Jeff »

Email sent.

HuskyTE

Post by HuskyTE »

Thanks Jeff!

Going to try it right now!

HuskyTE

Post by HuskyTE »

Everything went Perfect!

Thank you very much!

steinart

Post by steinart »

I just tried to update my HxC for the first time.. It still has the 1.1.2.3 firmware..
Any possibility to email me the update file also?

:)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

steinart wrote:I just tried to update my HxC for the first time.. It still has the 1.1.2.3 firmware..

whooo, there is a lot of old hxc to upgrade ;)
email sent.

steinart

Post by steinart »

Wow! That was fast! I'm impressed!

Keep up the good work guys! :P

LeoNardo

Post by LeoNardo »

steinart wrote:I just tried to update my HxC for the first time.. It still has the 1.1.2.3 firmware..

my version is 1.1.2.3 too, I have my HXC in the closet for long time and i want to start to use it again.. how can I update? I really need the update?

Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Email sent.

LeoNardo

Post by LeoNardo »

Thank you Jeff !!!

tfhh

Post by tfhh »

Hi Jeff,

my name is Juergen van Radecke and "I´m" the "ABBUC Rechnerservice", technical service part of the german ABBUC. I think you´ve heard from us (http://www.abbuc.de). I´m doing repairs and moddings for ATARI enthuasiasts. One of my "customer" gave me an Atari 1040 STE for repair and build-in a HCX-SD-Emu (PCB from Lotharek, kind old I think, then the "customer" has it already purchased from Lotharek for over one year).

Because the HCX-SD shall be build-in in the computer, I´ve to desolder the momentary switches and LEDs (they have to be on the computer´s case). I mound the HXC-SD between power supply and internal floppy drive. All works fine after finishing the mod. When I take a look at the firmware, I see, it was rather old. So I take a look to your website, get the update, take a fresh 2 GB SD-Card (non-SDHC) and start updating with 34 pol floppy-cable detached. I´ve read all the tipps here in forum before I do the update. After a few seconds the HXC-SD beeps, resets and since them.... nothing any more :-(

The display wasn´t initialized any more (first row has the typical squares) and backlight is off. My first thought was that the PIC is damaged or lost it´s config. Or the flash destroys any important data. I own a GALEP-5 burner which is capatible to read & write this MCU. But I didn´t find the whole firmware file, only updates. Could you please send my this file? And the settings for the 18F4620? My GALEP shows the following settings. My "home" is ATMEL ATmega, so I have no huge experiences with the Microchip PIC-series.
MCU_settings.jpg
MCU_settings.jpg (170.57 KiB) Viewed 8066 times
Thanks for any help.

Best regards, Juergen

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Retry the update!

tfhh

Post by tfhh »

Hi,
Jeff wrote:Retry the update!
I try this several times with different SD cards (fresh formatted, windows restartet, then file written to freshly formatted SD-card).

Regards, Juergen

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Something is blinking when you try to update the firmware ?

tfhh

Post by tfhh »

Hi,
Jeff wrote:Something is blinking when you try to update the firmware ?
No. Only the power-LED is lighting up, the other both LEDs are constantly dark. Also the beeper makes no sound.

If I should examine any pin, let me know. I have a scope and logic analyzer.

Regards, Juergen