2.8" QD Disk Emulation

General discussion forum - for all that doesn't fit in any other category.
mocheez

Re: 2.8" QD Disk Emulation

Post by mocheez » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 am

UP! :D

Hi Jeff! I discovered this thread a couple of days ago while searching for some tips and tricks for my newly acquired S-220, which I know nothing about except it is plagued with an abandoned disk drive standard ;-) I am in the process of getting some original Roland quick disks but I have yet to discover if my drive is working. If not, all I can rely on is SMDI transfer of sounds, back and forth.
So, yeah, Jeff… I'd also be more than interested in your progress on the SD card replacement. It's the only piece of good news on the S-220/S700 horizon, so far.

mcSDHXC

Post by mcSDHXC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Is anything happening on this front or is QD emulation dead?

entropismo

Post by entropismo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:48 am

Hello, this is my first and may be my last post here, but I have the same problem related here. I registered here only to tell you the good news :D , ¡¡¡¡There is a Quick Disk emulator!!!! I've founded in a not so deeper googling, with and automatic traduction of a Japanese site, I didn't found the 'buy here' button, but there is, even with firmware updates.

http://www.2a03.jp/~norix/virtuaqd/

It was designed for MSX but there is posted that an user tryed it on a Korg SQD8, so it should work in any of our machines.

I'm sure you can go deeper and take more info about it, pls if you buy tell me your experience. At the time I'm waiting a belt to revive my Roland S10 drive, but I'll be following this. I'm sure there may be someone with a Japanese friend to complement the automatic traduction of the page and help to buy, they are awesome.

Regards from Spain and sorry for my bad english.