TI99/4A

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: TI99/4A

Post by Jeff »

floppydev wrote:
floppydev wrote:
Jeff wrote: You can download the last version here :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... rc_dev.zip
Thank you.

floppydev
I get a compile error:
1>ipf_loader.c
1>c:\work\svn\projects\head\hxc2001\software\common\plugins\ipf_loader\ipf_loader.c(65) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: './libs/capslib/Comtype.h': No such file or directory

Looks like some missing files/libs.

floppydev
Yes i cannot include this into the sources (license issue). you have add them yourself (http://www.softpres.org/) or pass the right define to disable this.

floppydev

Post by floppydev »

floppydev wrote: I get a compile error:
1>ipf_loader.c
1>c:\work\svn\projects\head\hxc2001\software\common\plugins\ipf_loader\ipf_loader.c(65) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: './libs/capslib/Comtype.h': No such file or directory

floppydev
OK, found it already in another thread.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=488

I tried also ipfdevlib_w32.zip without succes, therefore I commented some files out but still not compile clean:
ipf_loader.c:
/* #include "./libs/capslib/CapsFDC.h" */
1>ipf_loader.c
1>..\..\common\./libs/capslib/CapsLib.h(10) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string'
1>..\..\common\./libs/capslib/CapsLib.h(11) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string'
1>..\..\common\./libs/capslib/CapsLib.h(12) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string'

Which version of ipdevlib_win.zip/ipfaccessapi_w32.zip is correct?

Everything else is compile clean :-)

floppydev

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

floppydev wrote:
1>ipf_loader.c

floppydev
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=488

I tried also ipfdevlib_w32.zip without succes, therefore I commented some files out but still not compile clean:
ipf_loader.c:
1>ipf_loader.c
1>..\..\common\./libs/capslib/CapsLib.h(10) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string'
1>..\..\common\./libs/capslib/CapsLib.h(11) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string'
1>..\..\common\./libs/capslib/CapsLib.h(12) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string'

floppydev
Just remove the define IPF_SUPPORT

floppydev

Post by floppydev »

Jeff wrote:
floppydev wrote:
1>ipf_loader.c

floppydev
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=488

ipf_loader.c:
1>ipf_loader.c

floppydev
Just remove the define IPF_SUPPORT
I've now a fully regression tested implementation of PC99/V9T9 loader as well as a correct V9T9 export for DSDD, DSSD, SSDD, SSSD. V9T9 loader didn't work at all, PC99 loader also had troubles. Fixed also a lot of ugly bugs in common code which took me hours (or days?) to analyze, find & fix them :-)

Diff is about 1300 lines of code :-)

Details:
Regression tests are done with 40 tracks DSDD, DSSD, SSDD, SSSD image formats, disk should be as full as possible, all regression test are ok:
PC99 format (same content as V9T9 image) => HFE format => V9T9 format
V9T9 format (same content as PC99 image) => HFE format => V9T9 format
V9T9 output must be the same as V9T9 input!!!

I just want to make a complete compile. Can you send me a personal mail with the necessary files for building also with IPF_SUPPORT?

BTW: I think there is also a firmware bug: Sometimes I've the problem that I'm getting in a never ending loop: "Reading FAT.." & beep
Looks like there is a bug in FAT32 handling (chkdsk was of course ok). It appears when one copies/deletes directories/files directly on the SDCARD heavily (I run flopimage_convert.exe on all my tests directly on the SDCARD). (Maybe some problem of reallocated or deleted FAT32 entries?). Can be worked around by:
1.) Copying everything from SDCARD to harddisk
2.) Delete everything from SDCARD (or format it again)
3.) Copy everything again from harddisk to SDCARD
Files are 434 files in 65 folders, 21 root folders, 5 root files.

Thnx.

floppydev

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

The email is on the project website. (and into the about message box...)

I just hope that you used the last svn trunk version for your modifications.
Since some week you can compile the sources without the need of the ipf/sps stuff...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hxcfloppyemu/
https://hxcfloppyemu.svn.sourceforge.ne ... cfloppyemu

floppydev

Post by floppydev »

Jeff wrote:The email is on the project website. (and into the about message box...)

I just hope that you used the last svn trunk version for your modifications.
Since some week you can compile the sources without the need of the ipf/sps stuff...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hxcfloppyemu/
https://hxcfloppyemu.svn.sourceforge.ne ... cfloppyemu
I used the development snapshot from 26.4.2011. I will try to get compile clean with the ipf/sps stuff, afterwards I can merge to trunk (I saw there was some major rework, but I guess merge will be no problem).

floppydev

acadiel

Post by acadiel »

I have been using the PC99 converted HFE files without incident with a Corcomp DSDD controller, however, I have a friend who has been trying to convert V9T9 images to HFE *and* trying PC99->HFE conversions and is having issues. Here's the gist of what he's tried:

With a normal TI-99/4A disk controller (SSSD or DSSD, 40 track):

He can use PC99's FMT21.DSK format (SSSD).
He cannot use PC99's FMT22.DSK format (DSSD and DSSD), even though the TI controller supports DSSD. He gets "disk not initialized."

With a Myarc 80 track disk controller:

PC99's FMT21.DSK and FMT22.DSK formats gives him an error when reading the first tracks on the floppy (error 31).
(I'm not sure what makes the Myarc card different - 35 tracks, maybe?)

With a Corcomp 9900 Disk Controller: (DSDD capable):

He can read the disks just fine, however, there are problems reading the directory structure on disks he converted from V9T9 format. There are many normal directory entries and then garbage.
---

I've pointed him to this forum for assistance. :-)

Do we know when these changes will be in the updated software for the device and the conversion program?

- acadiel
---
www.hexbus.com

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

acadiel wrote:I have been using the PC99 converted HFE files without incident with a Corcomp DSDD controller, however, I have a friend who has been trying to convert V9T9 images to HFE *and* trying PC99->HFE conversions and is having issues. Here's the gist of what he's tried:

With a normal TI-99/4A disk controller (SSSD or DSSD, 40 track):

He can use PC99's FMT21.DSK format (SSSD).
He cannot use PC99's FMT22.DSK format (DSSD and DSSD), even though the TI controller supports DSSD. He gets "disk not initialized."

With a Myarc 80 track disk controller:

PC99's FMT21.DSK and FMT22.DSK formats gives him an error when reading the first tracks on the floppy (error 31).
(I'm not sure what makes the Myarc card different - 35 tracks, maybe?)

With a Corcomp 9900 Disk Controller: (DSDD capable):

He can read the disks just fine, however, there are problems reading the directory structure on disks he converted from V9T9 format. There are many normal directory entries and then garbage.
---

I've pointed him to this forum for assistance. :-)

Do we know when these changes will be in the updated software for the device and the conversion program?

- acadiel
---
http://www.hexbus.com
I need this files images to check. Can you send me them ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Big update for the TI99/4A V9T9 image support :

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... t_beta.zip

Someone can test it with different kind of V9T9 ?

yell0w_lantern

Post by yell0w_lantern »

So what batch conversion setting do I need to use for .dsk images; just the default?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

yell0w_lantern wrote:So what batch conversion setting do I need to use for .dsk images; just the default?
For which files ?

yell0w_lantern

Post by yell0w_lantern »

Sorry, I was not aware there were different formats. I've never had a TI Disk Drive before. These are from the TI-99/4A Gamebase. There really isn't any additional information included.

I went ahead and used the default settings. I tried several disks and could read the disk contents in disk manager but have been getting "name too long errors" loading with XB which I think means I need to use editor/assembler.

How can I tell if I need to use the raw file loader?

yell0w_lantern

Post by yell0w_lantern »

Here are 3 different disks for the TI that I cannot get to work. I always seem to get syntax error when I try to load converted HFE versions.
http://www.4shared.com/file/Z0kJ_iyR/asteroids.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/rDKbvY_a/Demonatt.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/DsNQtbAW/DONKEY.html

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

sorry but i don't have 4shared account.
please zip them and send me them by email ...

yell0w_lantern

Post by yell0w_lantern »

Mailed. :mrgreen: