TRS-80 Model II/16 and the SD Lotharek

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
belgavox

TRS-80 Model II/16 and the SD Lotharek

Post by belgavox »

Hello,
I have been trying to connect my TRS-80 Model 16 to the SD HXC Lotharek. As the two original 8" drives are not working, I am trying to boot directly from the Lotharek. I have a 50 pin ribbon cable running from the FDC board of the Model 16 to a 50-pin-to-34-pin adapter and then a 34 pin cable from the adapter to the Lotharek. I am showing the jumper configuration of the adapter in the attachment.
At this point I am only able to boot from a Xenix disk image. All other disk images that I have tried (TRSDOS, DIAGNOSTIC, MODEL 16 SYSTEM DISKS) all get stuck on either "loading" or "initializing" and don't go any further. I have swapped the CPU board, FDC board, and RAM board with another Model II so I really think that the problem is in the cabling, the jumper settings of the adapter, the disk images or the CFG file of the Lotharek. I have tried all the combination I can think of but nothing seems to fix the problem.
Has anyone else tried this combination?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (97.44 KiB) Viewed 7146 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: TRS-80 Model II/16 and the SD Lotharek

Post by Jeff »

If possible please share a working and a non working images.

belgavox

Post by belgavox »

I eventually replaced the Lotharek with a regular
Gotek running FlashFloppy and it worked right away. Therefore the issue was with the SD Lotharek but no idea what caused it.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

belgavox wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:23 pm
Therefore the issue was with the SD Lotharek but no idea what caused it.
This is probably not the unit itself since one image worked.
The issue is probably the way the images was converted. this gotek firmware ignore/doesn't handle correctly most of the HFE flags (double step and interface modes...). And there is now corrupted HFE images with bad flags online. That's why i am asking you a non working and a working image to compare them...

belgavox

Post by belgavox »

I am trying to attach the .hfe in .zip but the files are too large for this site.
What do you suggest?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

belgavox wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:49 am
I am trying to attach the .hfe in .zip but the files are too large for this site.
What do you suggest?
send me an email to hxc2001 at hxc2001 dot com