How to produce stream files that Kryoflux software could use

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
A2Oasis+User

How to produce stream files that Kryoflux software could use

Post by A2Oasis+User »

Is it possible to use HxC Floppy Drive Emulator software to produce stream files, starting from a 140k Apple ][ DOS 3.3 image file, that Kryoflux DTC or WildeWutz DUI can use for writing onto a blanc 5.25-inch diskette? I have experimented a little by loading a floppy image into the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator, selecting "KF Stream File(.raw)" in the Export menu, then changing the names of the .raw files into names that WildeWutz will recognize (track.raw00.0.raw etc.). When I use the KryoFlux Executable Jar File to read the newly-produced diskette, it recognizes the tracks and sectors as being DOS 3.3 format but finds no information in the tracks.

Maybe somebody has had actual experience in using this procedure or uses a different procedure to write onto a blanc diskette.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: How to produce stream files that Kryoflux software could use

Post by Jeff »

A2Oasis+User wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:05 pm
Is it possible to use HxC Floppy Drive Emulator software to produce stream files, starting from a 140k Apple ][ DOS 3.3 image file, that Kryoflux DTC or WildeWutz DUI can use for writing onto a blanc 5.25-inch diskette? I have experimented a little by loading a floppy image into the HxC Floppy Drive Emulator, selecting "KF Stream File(.raw)" in the Export menu, then changing the names of the .raw files into names that WildeWutz will recognize (track.raw00.0.raw etc.). When I use the KryoFlux Executable Jar File to read the newly-produced diskette, it recognizes the tracks and sectors as being DOS 3.3 format but finds no information in the tracks.

Maybe somebody has had actual experience in using this procedure or uses a different procedure to write onto a blanc diskette.
This is possible ! Can you share your image file?

A2Oasis+User

Post by A2Oasis+User »

I would like to but when I attempt to attach a file to my replay, I receive an error message: Invalid Extension. The extension for the file that I would like to attach is .dsk.

A2Oasis+User

Post by A2Oasis+User »

OK, let's try this. I zipped the .dsk file. A zipped file seems to be valid for attachment.
SUNMOON.zip
(47.95 KiB) Downloaded 275 times