20 pins floppy

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
Jonas

20 pins floppy

Post by Jonas »

I have a dead external floppy drive (Sony MFD-51W, 800k FDD) which have a weird 20 pins connector. It's non standard like the 26 pins that the motherboard I have which cannot accept any standard 34 pins FDD but I disgress.

This 20 pins floppy is inside an enclosure (Apple 800K external Drive M0131) which hooks onto a Macintosh SE. My question is simple: seeing that HxC doesn't support any mac computers is it by lack of time/interest or is it not possible to hookup (through a currently unknown adaptor) an HxC emulator to a Macintosh SE?
It would be a great addition, and give HxC a great value since there's already a FDD emulator for Macs: https://www.bigmessowires.com/floppy-emu/

Thanks for your feedback

Jonas

Re: 20 pins floppy

Post by Jonas »

I was refering to this post of you Jeff: http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =751#p5333
I am actually working on a low cost board to emulate these extra features on a shugart floppy disk drive/floppy emulator.
I will probably modify it to adapt shugart floppy disk drive/floppy emulator on Mac latter.
I would like to know if this board is still an active project or not since the HDDD A2 adapter isn't sold anymore.

Cheers

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I have a question : Why do you want an HxC for Mac since there is another emulator specially designed for these machines already available ?
What is the problem ?

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Because I see it as a very versatile tool and the form factor of the HxC is way better since it allows to be easily encased :)

I began to understand that the underlaying protocol is totally different than the one used by PC and compatibles so indeed it's much work. My question is do you think it's doable software side with just some dumb/passive 20 to 34 pins adapter or would an active converter board would be necessary?

Cheers