Mixed-density raw images with USB HxC2001

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
mrvmurray

Mixed-density raw images with USB HxC2001

Post by mrvmurray »

Hi folks

I need to get the USB HxC2001 to present a drive in a slightly strange way. The computer that will read the disk is an utterly ancient TRS-80 Color Computer (CoCo) workalike (well, mostly). Its not a CoCo, its a kit-built thing with off-the-shelf 80-cylinder floppies.

The standard format for the OS (FLEX 09) is that track 0, side 0 is FM(SD), all other tracks/sides are MFM(DD). Sectors are 256 bytes, and there can be 16 or 18 sectors per track per side (or 10 for track 0 side 0).

I have raw dumps of some disks. These are just the data in the correct order with no metadata, no headers or anything else. I can read them with the HxC USB driver software, but how do I make track 0 side 0 FM(SD) and the rest MFM(DD)?

Thanks!

M

mrvmurray

Re: Mixed-density raw images with USB HxC2001

Post by mrvmurray »

Answer found!

The trick is to define the emulated floppy structure with an XML file. I couldn't find the XML file docs anywhere, so I had to find out the details by experimentation.

M

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Exactly :wink: !

chapmro

Post by chapmro »

Any chance you could post the XML? I need to do the same thing for 8" Advanced Digital Corp disks, which are track 0 FM, other 76 tracks MFM (I think it is also called IBM 3740 double density format)