X68000 disk drive emulation

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
Dioniso

X68000 disk drive emulation

Post by Dioniso »

Hi!

I have just read that the X68000 is emulated, so I have just opened my X68000 XVI, plug the cables and the HxC and executed the new program for Vista.

I have a few questions. I hope someone could answer:

1-I still couldn't make it work. Is there something with the 34 pin cable?...
2-I have just tried with a couple of XDF images but... is it possible to load DIM images?

The screen keeps asking for a disk on my X6800 and on the HxC there are 3 leds on: D1, D2 and D4. On my PC the software stays at Track 0/77; no reading at all.

Thanks,

Dioniso

P.S. The HxC works on my MSX computers.
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: X68000 disk drive emulation

Post by Jeff »

Dioniso wrote:Hi!

I have just read that the X68000 is emulated, so I have just opened my X68000 XVI, plug the cables and the HxC and executed the new program for Vista.

I have a few questions. I hope someone could answer:

1-I still couldn't make it work. Is there something with the 34 pin cable?...
2-I have just tried with a couple of XDF images but... is it possible to load DIM images?

The screen keeps asking for a disk on my X6800 and on the HxC there are 3 leds on: D1, D2 and D4. On my PC the software stays at Track 0/77; no reading at all.

Thanks,

Dioniso

P.S. The HxC works on my MSX computers.
Try to use others configuration : DS0,DS1,DS2,DS3...
Dioniso

Post by Dioniso »

I already did, Jeff. But thanks for your reply.

I am going to try again this weekend, when I get new 34 pins cables. This one had one hole missing (there were 33 holes stead 34) and I had to do it myself in order to plug it. So maybe is that... :roll:

What about the DIM images? Would it be possible to load them?...
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Dioniso wrote:I already did, Jeff. But thanks for your reply.

I am going to try again this weekend, when I get new 34 pins cables. This one had one hole missing (there were 33 holes stead 34) and I had to do it myself in order to plug it. So maybe is that... :roll:

What about the DIM images? Would it be possible to load them?...
about the x68000 support , have a look there ( i don't have any x68000) :
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... 0&start=30

regarding the dim format, where can i found its spec ?
Dioniso

Post by Dioniso »

It doesn't work... Well, I will give it a try this weekend...

About the DIM images: I don't know the specs but they are 1261824 bytes long so it seems a complete backup of the disk, from every sector.
DFL

Post by DFL »

Using a straight standard cable you'll ground a bunch of signals and X68000 doesn't work.

Get a straight cable and cut pins 1,2,3,4,5 and ALL ODD pins from 7 to 17. Odds 19 to 33 still needed to be grounded.

In HXC board set Motor On as your DS. All other configuration doesn't work.

I tested a couple of XDFs in the last version of converter software and it's working fine.

EDIT: I'm using SD version. Don't know about USB.
Dioniso

Post by Dioniso »

DFL wrote:Using a straight standard cable you'll ground a bunch of signals and X68000 doesn't work.

Get a straight cable and cut pins 1,2,3,4,5 and ALL ODD pins from 7 to 17. Odds 19 to 33 still needed to be grounded.
Thanks for your answer, DFL.

I am working on the cable. Pins 6-9 were twisted so I put them straight. I cut pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 and 17.

Now, when the computer is turned off, the third led (D3, blue) is on, too; it is the first time is on on the X68000. So when turned off D1, D2 and D3 are on.

What else should I do? I don't know how to ground odd pins from 19 to 33... Should I cut them too?... :roll:
DFL

Post by DFL »

Dioniso wrote:What else should I do? I don't know how to ground odd pins from 19 to 33... Should I cut them too?... :roll:
I don't know much about USB version, but you select the "motor on"?

19 to 33 Odds already grounded, don't worry about then.
Dioniso

Post by Dioniso »

Windows Vista: I select "Generic Shuggart", MOTOR ON, and I have tried with three different cables already... I just can't make it work :( Any other clue?...