Host Format command corrupting image format.

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
Roy_T821227

Host Format command corrupting image format.

Post by Roy_T821227 »

We have purchased a 3 ½ inch form Factor SD emulator to run with a SCSI-2 Paging machine. I have installed the emulator and can write to a virtual disk and read data back. The xxx.hfe file was created from a real formatted floppy disk from the Paging system. I can take a real floppy from the system and read using “Floppy disk dump” and transfer the image to the SD card. All read and write functions appear to work OK.
However if I use the paging machine “format floppy disk command” the virtual disk on the SD card is corrupted. The virtual floppy starts with 32 sectors and after formatting has only 29 sectors.
From the track analyser a dumped of real floppy disk after formatting:
256 bytes/sector; 32 sectors track length 166688 and 2560 sectors, 80 tracks
After writing data I have a track length of 167936 and 4896 number of cells and this disk can be read by the Paging machine.
The machine formatted virtual disk has larger spaces between each sector as visually seen in the track analyser. What am I doing wrong in the set up that renders the Paging switch format command in operative?
THX Roy

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Host Format command corrupting image format.

Post by Jeff »

Please share both HFE files.

Roy_T821227

Post by Roy_T821227 »

Hi Jeff
Thanks for quick reply.
I have attached 3 files. I zip the files before attaching. You have a Floppy Dump of a Real formatted disk (Floopy Dump); Roy Floppy is an image that has been reformatted using FORMAT command in paging swith.
FD001 is a dump of Paging switch to a disk image using Backup command within the system. I retrieved ( recovered ) files from the SDC backup to prove functionality.
The Paging system uses a proprietary operating system called MTOS and has its own disk format.
Thanks
Attachments
FD001.zip
SDC CARD Image loaded with File from Paging switch
(159.84 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
ROY Floppy.zip
Paging switch reformatted SDC CARD image
(93.26 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Floppy Dump Image.zip
Real disk Image loaded to SDC card
(72.02 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Roy_T821227

Post by Roy_T821227 »

Hi Jeff
Some additional information I found I had to initialize the disk to use the system copy command.
The two attached images are One with data FD5 and one just Initialized and no data. FD6 During the system Initializing set up I am requested to enter system volume name. In this case it is SYSX.
Attachments
FD6.zip
(72.53 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
FD5.zip
(78.38 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

What it is this machine exactly ?

Roy_T821227

Post by Roy_T821227 »

Hi Jeff
Its a Glenayre Paging Switch.