Some BBC Micro files seem to fail

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others computers...
ChrisCwmbran

Some BBC Micro files seem to fail

Post by ChrisCwmbran »

Hi

I have 129 files which are a mixture of .SSD and .DSD BBC Micro images downloaded from Stairway to Hell.

When I do the batch conversion on 66 of the files convert.

If I try individually loading one of the ones that doesn't convert I get "Load error! Read file error!" yet if I try to open the same image file in BeebEm v 4.14 the file loads fine.

I've included an example of a file that fails to convert but loads fine in BeebEm to this message.

Any advice please?

Thanks in anticipation!
Attachments
4D2_r1.rar
(88.33 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Some BBC Micro files seem to fail

Post by Jeff »

The file doesn't have the expected size. Which disk geometry is it supposed to be ?

You can try to manually load it with the raw file loader, but you have to know the disk geometry to use (sector per track, number of side, number of track...)

aotta

Re: Some BBC Micro files seem to fail

Post by aotta »

I noted same issue.. most of the SSD images found on TOSEC compilation (and from other sites on the net) aren't recognized by HxC Floppy Emulator beta, with "load error", while they run fine with emulators, like BeebEm (which includes source files in C++, in case Jeff is interested in give a look... ;) ).
Same error with most of DSD and some ADL.
I tried some of them with a RAW loading and configuration suggested here ( http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=633 ), and a few of them works (or, in some case, display *cat files list).

Any suggestion?

Btw... after my AtariST, my VG8235 MSX2... now my Olivetti Prodest PC128S too has got an external drive with a nice 16x2 LCD!!!!