HxC on Dynacord Samplers?

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Ogre

HxC on Dynacord Samplers?

Post by Ogre »

I recently got me an old Dynacord ADS rack-sampler, which is quite an interesting piece of vinatge gear, because of it´s modulation capabilities and i found it´s O.S. nearly self-explaining. Unfortunately the floppy-drive doesn´t work properly. Is there anybody out there, who has tried to install the HxC FDE into that kind of gear? It shouldn´t matter in which specimen of the newer Dynacord-Family (ADS, ADD2, ADS-K) you have tested it, they should be all the same.
I read here, that it worked with the AKAI S900 /S950 samplers, which of course doesn´t automatically mean, that it will work in the Dynacord-stuff.
But at least they were build around the same time and the ADS was designed with certain compatibility-aspects, being able to load S900-samples. I´m just hoping this could be an advantage.

gertie

Re: HxC on Dynacord Samplers?

Post by gertie »

i know someone who replaced the floppy drive on their ADD One with HXC ......so it should be doable for the ADS version too.....even though it aint as antiquated as the ADD One

Jeff_HxC2001

Post by Jeff_HxC2001 »

Of course this could be done. Anyway can you tell me which floppy disk drive are used into the Dynacord ?

Linn Solaris

Post by Linn Solaris »

Hello :D
Happy new year to all (I'm using hxc floppy emulator for few weeks with an emulator 2 and man I love it, I think it give to all these oldies a second life so THANK YOU creators !)

So I would love to add hxc to all my old machines (forat 9000/sci 440/add one)
Back one subject of this topic: what are the requirements to install it on the dynacord add one ?

I can check what is the floppy drive installed (brand & model) on the web and on the machine.
Any suggestion is appreciated :!:
Thank you

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Linn Solaris wrote: Back one subject of this topic: what are the requirements to install it on the dynacord add one ?
mhh no, nothing special is needed i think.
just use the shugart interface mode.

Linn Solaris

Post by Linn Solaris »

Thank you Jeff !
I haven't found any data in manuals about the floppy brand/ model on the add drive, I will open it maybe.
I'm ordering any few sd floppies emulator rev F and see where I could put them.
Cheers

winsten

Post by winsten »

so does it work in the add one?

marduk

Post by marduk »

Well does it work on Dynacord ADS? Anyone tried?
The thing is ADS is Akai s900 compatible (so it's more like s900 than Add One) and installing the hcx into s900/950 needs a resistor mod..
So how to find out if the Dynacord needs that mod or not?
Some pics of the machine and internals here.
Thanks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

marduk wrote:Well does it work on Dynacord ADS? Anyone tried?
The thing is ADS is Akai s900 compatible (so it's more like s900 than Add One) and installing the hcx into s900/950 needs a resistor mod..
So how to find out if the Dynacord needs that mod or not?
Some pics of the machine and internals here.
Thanks.
i don't think that the mod is needed.

marduk

Post by marduk »

Cool! But if the mod IS needed, it could be done afterwards too right? I know my way around the iron...