ALESIS DataDisk SQ

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Ohmen52

ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Ohmen52 »

Fortunately my ALESIS DataDisk works again with this outstanding floppy drive emulator! :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Jeff »

Ohmen52 wrote:Fortunately my ALESIS DataDisk works again with this outstanding floppy drive emulator! :)
whoo 3 machines confirmed to works! Thanks for the feedback!

Same questions:
How exactly ? (Floppy dump ? Floppy image used ? Jumper settings / Floppy interface mode ? The floppy cable need to be reversed ?)
:D :?:

(and don't hesitate to post some pictures/videos ;) )

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

My little "how to":
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ALESIS DataDisk SQ (OS Vers. 2.10) floppy disk file format:

Track Type: MFM, Two sides floppy, Auto GAP3, 80 Tracks, Sector IC Start: 1, Sectors size: 1024,
5 sectors per track, RPM: 300, Bitrate: 250000, Total sector: 800, Total size: 819200

1. Dump any ALESIS's DataDisk floppy disk with HcX's Floppy disk dump!
2. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HFE file interface mode: Auto (IBM PC 720kB)

Hardware Jumper settings:
Atari ST/Amiga/Shugart jumper settings: Drive A, ID0, no reversed floppy cable!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! :)

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

May we have some picture, please :-)
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

Ohmen52

Post by Ohmen52 »

Sorry - no cams at the moment. Maybe later.

sampler_one

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ Total Newbie need help. 1st post.

Post by sampler_one »

Hi,
I am making my 1st post and I am totally green to quite a bit here. I just purchased an Alesis Datadisk ,it' in the mail and I want to get away from Floppies right away. I am hopping you can help me a bit with a brief tutorial and ill try to figure out the rest.
I am about to buy a USB to Floppy drive hardware emulator on Ebay. Is it possible to give me a tutorial for dummies to get me started on how I setup for an Alesis Datadisk using the HXc Floppy Drive Emulator ?
Thanks for the Help !
Garry
=================================================================================================
Ohmen52 wrote:My little "how to":
ALESIS DataDisk SQ (OS Vers. 2.10) floppy disk file format:

Track Type: MFM, Two sides floppy, Auto GAP3, 80 Tracks, Sector IC Start: 1, Sectors size: 1024,
5 sectors per track, RPM: 300, Bitrate: 250000, Total sector: 800, Total size: 819200

1. Dump any ALESIS's DataDisk floppy disk with HcX's Floppy disk dump!
2. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use

HFE file interface mode: Auto (IBM PC 720kB)

Hardware Jumper settings:
Atari ST/Amiga/Shugart jumper settings: Drive A, ID0, no reversed floppy cable!

That's it! :)

cyberzach

Post by cyberzach »

Is it possible that you could post step by step how you got this to work on an alesis data disk SQ as in what firmware to use what software to program the firmware, is a config image required for the jumpdrive or just format to fat 32 etc.... I appreciate any help, I have floppy on one of my drives now and cannot get it to see a disk in the drive any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

cyberzach wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 am
Is it possible that you could post step by step how you got this to work on an alesis data disk SQ as in what firmware to use what software to program the firmware, is a config image required for the jumpdrive or just format to fat 32 etc.... I appreciate any help, I have floppy on one of my drives now and cannot get it to see a disk in the drive any help would be greatly appreciated.
First get the HxC firmware : https://hxc2001.com/store/

And once you have the right and legit HxC firmware, i will provide support, not before ;)
(HxC installation on your gotek can be done with usb stick...)

cyberzach

Post by cyberzach »

Bought the firmware for 14 American dollars, so how do I get this to work with an alesis data disk? I only ask because the emailed instructions are very vague and not specific to the alesis data disk

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

cyberzach wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Bought the firmware for 14 American dollars, so how do I get this to work with an alesis data disk? I only ask because the emailed instructions are very vague and not specific to the alesis data disk
send an email to hxc2001 at hxc2001.com, i will send you the file and the procedure to install the new firmware.

cyberzach

Post by cyberzach »

I will send the email and thank you so much for taking the time to reply and do this and for creating this firmware, Zach

cyberzach

Post by cyberzach »

I've done all the steps you listed in the email, with my thumbdrive in the gotek it blinks between showing HxC and Fat. With out a thumb drive HxC stays lit. What is my next step to get a flopply file structure in place to get this to work with my Alesis Data Disk? Thanks, Zach

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Format the usb stick in FAT32.

Then unpack the SDHxCFE_PC_720KB.zip present into the following zip to the root of the usb stick, rename HXCSDFE.CFG-indexed to HXCSDFE.CFG and reformat the image with the Alesis Datadisk :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

cyberzach

Post by cyberzach »

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Everything working like a charm!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

cyberzach

Post by cyberzach »

Hello Jeff, I purchased another firmware download for my gotek drive that had flash floppy already on,
I flashed the drive with a programmer on your site and does not behave the way my other drive does it is saying drive unreadable or not formatted after flashing it...... my previous drive is fine in the alesis data disk I have two more data disk for a total of three but can only get the one drive you helped me set up to work properly, the drive I flashed on my own is reading HXC when it starts up and I've updated the drive via USB a few times it just wont read stuff from the other drive or read anything formatted from itself. Did I brick the drive flashing over flash floppy and not doing it the way the last one was done when you sent me the bin file? Please Help!!!