ALESIS DataDisk SQ

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Post Reply
Ohmen52
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 pm

ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Ohmen52 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:24 am

Fortunately my ALESIS DataDisk works again with this outstanding floppy drive emulator! :)

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 am

Ohmen52 wrote:Fortunately my ALESIS DataDisk works again with this outstanding floppy drive emulator! :)
whoo 3 machines confirmed to works! Thanks for the feedback!

Same questions:
How exactly ? (Floppy dump ? Floppy image used ? Jumper settings / Floppy interface mode ? The floppy cable need to be reversed ?)
:D :?:

(and don't hesitate to post some pictures/videos ;) )

Ohmen52
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Ohmen52 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 pm

My little "how to":
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ALESIS DataDisk SQ (OS Vers. 2.10) floppy disk file format:

Track Type: MFM, Two sides floppy, Auto GAP3, 80 Tracks, Sector IC Start: 1, Sectors size: 1024,
5 sectors per track, RPM: 300, Bitrate: 250000, Total sector: 800, Total size: 819200
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Dump any ALESIS's DataDisk floppy disk with HcX's Floppy disk dump!
2. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HFE file interface mode: Auto (IBM PC 720kB)

Hardware Jumper settings:
Atari ST/Amiga/Shugart jumper settings: Drive A, ID0, no reversed floppy cable!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! :)

lotharek
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by lotharek » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 am

May we have some picture, please :-)
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

Ohmen52
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Ohmen52 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:13 am

Sorry - no cams at the moment. Maybe later.

sampler_one
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:28 am

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ Total Newbie need help. 1st post.

Post by sampler_one » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:44 am

Hi,
I am making my 1st post and I am totally green to quite a bit here. I just purchased an Alesis Datadisk ,it' in the mail and I want to get away from Floppies right away. I am hopping you can help me a bit with a brief tutorial and ill try to figure out the rest.
I am about to buy a USB to Floppy drive hardware emulator on Ebay. Is it possible to give me a tutorial for dummies to get me started on how I setup for an Alesis Datadisk using the HXc Floppy Drive Emulator ?
Thanks for the Help !
Garry
=================================================================================================
Ohmen52 wrote:My little "how to":
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ALESIS DataDisk SQ (OS Vers. 2.10) floppy disk file format:

Track Type: MFM, Two sides floppy, Auto GAP3, 80 Tracks, Sector IC Start: 1, Sectors size: 1024,
5 sectors per track, RPM: 300, Bitrate: 250000, Total sector: 800, Total size: 819200
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Dump any ALESIS's DataDisk floppy disk with HcX's Floppy disk dump!
2. Export the image to SDCard and don't forget storing it to harddisk for further use

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HFE file interface mode: Auto (IBM PC 720kB)

Hardware Jumper settings:
Atari ST/Amiga/Shugart jumper settings: Drive A, ID0, no reversed floppy cable!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it! :)

cyberzach
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:42 am

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by cyberzach » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 am

Is it possible that you could post step by step how you got this to work on an alesis data disk SQ as in what firmware to use what software to program the firmware, is a config image required for the jumpdrive or just format to fat 32 etc.... I appreciate any help, I have floppy on one of my drives now and cannot get it to see a disk in the drive any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Jeff » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:06 am

cyberzach wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 am
Is it possible that you could post step by step how you got this to work on an alesis data disk SQ as in what firmware to use what software to program the firmware, is a config image required for the jumpdrive or just format to fat 32 etc.... I appreciate any help, I have floppy on one of my drives now and cannot get it to see a disk in the drive any help would be greatly appreciated.
First get the HxC firmware : https://hxc2001.com/store/

And once you have the right and legit HxC firmware, i will provide support, not before ;)
(HxC installation on your gotek can be done with usb stick...)

cyberzach
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:42 am

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by cyberzach » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Bought the firmware for 14 American dollars, so how do I get this to work with an alesis data disk? I only ask because the emailed instructions are very vague and not specific to the alesis data disk

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Jeff » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:57 pm

cyberzach wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Bought the firmware for 14 American dollars, so how do I get this to work with an alesis data disk? I only ask because the emailed instructions are very vague and not specific to the alesis data disk
send an email to hxc2001 at hxc2001.com, i will send you the file and the procedure to install the new firmware.

cyberzach
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:42 am

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by cyberzach » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:39 pm

I will send the email and thank you so much for taking the time to reply and do this and for creating this firmware, Zach

cyberzach
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:42 am

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by cyberzach » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:20 pm

I've done all the steps you listed in the email, with my thumbdrive in the gotek it blinks between showing HxC and Fat. With out a thumb drive HxC stays lit. What is my next step to get a flopply file structure in place to get this to work with my Alesis Data Disk? Thanks, Zach

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6071
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by Jeff » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:35 pm

Format the usb stick in FAT32.

Then unpack the SDHxCFE_PC_720KB.zip present into the following zip to the root of the usb stick, rename HXCSDFE.CFG-indexed to HXCSDFE.CFG and reformat the image with the Alesis Datadisk :

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip

cyberzach
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:42 am

Re: ALESIS DataDisk SQ

Post by cyberzach » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:53 pm

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Everything working like a charm!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

Post Reply