Kurzweil K2000

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
satnom

Kurzweil K2000

Post by satnom »

I want to install the floppy drive emulator on a Kurzweil k2000, did somebody already tried it or I'm the first one ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Kurzweil K2000

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:I want to install the floppy drive emulator on a Kurzweil k2000, did somebody already tried it or I'm the first one ?
Yes probably.
First try to dump a Kurzweil K2000 floppy disk with the dump tool :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... r_soft.zip

satnom

Post by satnom »

So I received my Hxc floppy drive emulator. I did a first test on my Ensoniq Mirage, I wanted to try the device on a keyboard that I know it'll works. So the floppy drive works flawlessly on My Mirage. I had a little work to do to figure all the process, but at the end it works fine (so I think I'll need an other one :wink: ).
After that I wanted to try it on the Kurzweil. No luck at all. I configure the Hxc pc floppy 1.44. I figure it was the best choice because the Kurzweil uses standard pc format floppy drive. I put some floppy image, but the format was not supported, I try to change the extensions. I try different extensions, but nothing worked, so I can not convert the files. Finally I keep the .krz extensions and I find a way to copy the image file on the SD (sorry I don't remember how).
Then I install the Hxc on the kurzweil. Then, when I tried to access the file, the Kurzweil ask for a floppy, I selected the image on the Hxc, I hit load, but nothing happens. :?:
That is where I am for the moment, I won't quit but if anybody have any clue. :idea:
Thank you

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:So I received my Hxc floppy drive emulator. I did a first test on my Ensoniq Mirage, I wanted to try the device on a keyboard that I know it'll works. So the floppy drive works flawlessly on My Mirage. I had a little work to do to figure all the process, but at the end it works fine (so I think I'll need an other one :wink: ).
After that I wanted to try it on the Kurzweil. No luck at all. I configure the Hxc pc floppy 1.44. I figure it was the best choice because the Kurzweil uses standard pc format floppy drive. I put some floppy image, but the format was not supported, I try to change the extensions. I try different extensions, but nothing worked, so I can not convert the files. Finally I keep the .krz extensions and I find a way to copy the image file on the SD (sorry I don't remember how).
Then I install the Hxc on the kurzweil. Then, when I tried to access the file, the Kurzweil ask for a floppy, I selected the image on the Hxc, I hit load, but nothing happens. :?:
That is where I am for the moment, I won't quit but if anybody have any clue. :idea:
Thank you
Try to read a an real Kurzweil floppy disk with the hxc software and export the to HFE to try it on the HxC.

And send me this HFE file and some krz file image too.

satnom

Post by satnom »

I tried to do a floppy dump but I received an error message : error while opening fdrawcomd.
Here the file you asked, the first one, basman.krz is the one I loaded myself on the SD card with the HxC software, the second one is synbrass.krz is a kurzweil file.
I had to mention that the kurzweil don't need a special format. I did a pc format (fat) on a floppy and just put the file on the floppy and use the file in my keyboard.
I hope those explanation will help.
thank you
I tried to upload the files, but I received a message: the extension is not allowed ? How can I send you the files ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:I tried to do a floppy dump but I received an error message : error while opening fdrawcomd.
you need this :
https://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/
satnom wrote: I tried to upload the files, but I received a message: the extension is not allowed ? How can I send you the files ?
By email : https://hxc2001.com/contactus/

satnom

Post by satnom »

Ok, I did a few floppy dump, I revert the cable and then the K2000 can see the Hxc. I have access to the files and succeed to load it but at a certain point I received an error message from the keyboard, there is a problem with the file, an error 0.
I tried the other files and the keyboard ask for a floppy, I can't load it, so I think may be the HxC is incompatible whith the K2000 ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote: I tried the other files and the keyboard ask for a floppy, I can't load it, so I think may be the HxC is incompatible whith the K2000 ?
No this probably just a setting problem. not more.

Send me the HFE file of your dump.

satnom

Post by satnom »

I already sended you the file yesterday, and you send me back a file with .hfe extension but it's not working. I'll try different settings but I don't know what the problem could be.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:I already sended you the file yesterday, and you send me back a file with .hfe extension but it's not working. I'll try different settings but I don't know what the problem could be.
Yes but i want the dump of one of your floppy disk (the almost working one...)

What is the jumper setting used ?

satnom

Post by satnom »

Just a follow up. After some work on the configuration of the .KRZ files, I am really happy because everything works fine. :D Thank you to Jeff, you were very patient and helpful.
So I post the two methods to create HFE files on the SD card.

Method 1:
put some .krz files into a folder on the pc (max 720Kb of files). You can do 1.44 mb of files too, you just have to 1.44mbDSHD fat 12 instead of 712K
After this :
Button "Create FS Floppy"
Choose " 3"5 720KB DSDD FAT12"
Button "Inject directory"
And choose your folder
After Export it to HFE file...

Method 2:
Put some krz files into a folder on the pc (max 720Kb of files) with a .fat720 at the end of it's name (example tubular.fat720 )(if you want to put a larger file you have to do a .fat1440 file)
Drag&Drop the folder on the software
After Export it to HFE file...

With those methods it's very easy to do a SD card full of sounds for the K2000.
Now I have to find a way to fit the HxC2001 in the keyboard. I have my idea but I have to find a way to detach the LCD from the PCB and connect it an other way (not to difficult). When everything will be donne i'll post some pictures of the result. 8)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

So you have tested the 1.44MB mode ?

satnom

Post by satnom »

Jeff wrote:So you have tested the 1.44MB mode ?
Yes and it works just fine.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:
With the new software version the KRZ files are now directly supported ;)

satnom

Post by satnom »

Jeff wrote:
satnom wrote:
With the new software version the KRZ files are now directly supported ;)
Yes. Thank you for that. I tried the new software but it's not working at 100%. The .KRZ files convert just fine, but they appears in double on the SD card. The files don't have exactly the same name, one begin with a dot or a underscore, I don't remember exactely. It's not a big deal, I just have to delete those files on the SD card, but I think you may be want to know.
Also. I have a problem with the K2000. I have to select the files before I go to disk menu of the K2000. Then I can select the disk image and load it in the K2000, but I just can do it once, after that I have a problem to load other files. I got the message that the disk is not inserted. I know the files is selected in the HxC as it should be, but it's like the K2000 don't see it.
I did a test with the old software (1.6.8) and I don't have that problem. May be I should use the 1.6.9 to convert the files and leave the 1.6.8 config file on the SD card ! I did'nt try that.
Thank you for the support, it's very appreciate.