Kurzweil K2000

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Kurzweil K2000

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:by email :
I sended it to you. I write the version of the software in the beginning of the name of the config files.[/quote]

received nothing.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote:
When I use the 1.6.9 to do a batch converter of a folder of krz files, 2 files are created on the SD card. The name of one of the files begins by ._ and the other files have the same name of the files in the krz folder.
What is the folder name ?

satnom wrote: I use the same card and I put the 1.6.8 config file and I convert the krz files with the 1.6.9. software.
Both file are identical... so it's a nonsense for me.
Can you retry the 1.6.9 cfg file ?

satnom

Post by satnom »

Jeff wrote:
satnom wrote:
When I use the 1.6.9 to do a batch converter of a folder of krz files, 2 files are created on the SD card. The name of one of the files begins by ._ and the other files have the same name of the files in the krz folder.
What is the folder name ?
K2000-keyboard
satnom wrote: I use the same card and I put the 1.6.8 config file and I convert the krz files with the 1.6.9. software.
Both file are identical... so it's a nonsense for me.
Can you retry the 1.6.9 cfg file ?
Ok. I do it later.

satnom

Post by satnom »

I just want to wrap up this topic. I can tell the HxC is working with the K2000, but for a reason that I don't know, there's some flaws. Sometime it works great and sometime there's problem to select a file. The K2000 gives a not ready message or it says the disk is not inserted, you have to select the files twice, even sometimes it's not working at all. For me, it's not the best solution to replace the floppy drive of my K2000, so I think I'll check for something else.
Don't worry, I'll use my HxC with an other sampler (the Korg DSS1 or the Mirage, I don't know yet).
Thank you Jeff for your patience and the info.
I love the HxC, I think it's great, but I don't want to use my time anymore on the K2000 and the HxC, may be someone else want to continue the investigation on that.
Peace and music everyone

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

satnom wrote: Sometime it works great and sometime there's problem to select a file. The K2000 gives a not ready message or it says the disk is not inserted, you have to select the files twice, even sometimes it's not working at all.
This is probably because you change the floppy disk too fastly.
With some devices you need to wait 1/2 seconds to insert a new file image, otherwise the keyboard don't see the new disk...

In this case to change disk you must eject the actual image (middle button), wait 1 or 2 second, and choose the new image (left/right and middle button).

Remember of this : with true floppy disk changing disk take some seconds. So the fast way (directly right/left buttons) to disk change isn't very well supported by some system.

Anyway i will probably add a new parameter to avoid this issue.

Other possible source : a bad floppy cable.

wintersun

Post by wintersun »

Did the Kurzweil situation get sorted out ?
Im buying a kurzweil 2500R and wanted to know.
Already got it running great with my prophet 2002

Please let me know
Thanks

Chris

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

wintersun wrote:Did the Kurzweil situation get sorted out ?
Im buying a kurzweil 2500R and wanted to know.
Already got it running great with my prophet 2002

Please let me know
Thanks

Chris
This should work, some <<bugs>> have been corrected.

jsepeta

Post by jsepeta »

I've purchased a couple of SCSI SD card readers for use with my K2000R and K2500XS, and the external one works well -- I haven't figured out how to power the internal drive since there's no obvious place for a power lead on the K2000R. It took me many hours to import all my Kurzweil sounds from cd and floppy to a computer, but I now have a huge collection of Kurzweil sounds on my computer's hard disk.

The floppy disk emulator seems to be a more cost-effective upgrade, since many of the files are under 2mb and would fit on a floppy disk. Does the floppy disk emulator power using the old floppy drive's power cable, or does it require a different voltage?
Wag more, bark less.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

jsepeta wrote: The floppy disk emulator seems to be a more cost-effective upgrade, since many of the files are under 2mb and would fit on a floppy disk. Does the floppy disk emulator power using the old floppy drive's power cable, or does it require a different voltage?
Same connector.

teevee

Post by teevee »

Crazy question, but I ask anyway.

How did you turn the ribbon cable?

teevee

Post by teevee »

Jeff wrote:
satnom wrote:I already sended you the file yesterday, and you send me back a file with .hfe extension but it's not working. I'll try different settings but I don't know what the problem could be.
Yes but i want the dump of one of your floppy disk (the almost working one...)

What is the jumper setting used ?
Hi Jeff,

I just tested this in my Kurzweil K2000RS and it works fine!

I did jumper setting S0 and loaded my device with "1.44mb DSHD FAT12"

InsectInPixel

Post by InsectInPixel »

Hi folks,
I just got a Kurzweil K2000 and it didn't come with any floppies. I found many K2000 (K2K) patches on the internet and want to get them into the K2K, so I bought and installed a GOTEK with the OLED display. I went to HxC and did some searching to get it up and running. I can't figure out how to get the K2K to "see" the USB as a floppy. I partitioned the USB drive to just under 4GB so I was able to format it FAT 16. that was successful. the display on the emulator says "No FAT SD. Please Format". When I try to format the USB via the K2K, the keyboard display says the floppy is Write Protected. Can you provide me some guidance? I Installed HxCFloppyEmulator on my Mac and watched a YouTube video how a guy got it to work on an Ensoniq TS 20 and I just can't figure out how to get the .krz patches onto an image and loaded onto the USB, then be able to get the K2K to recognize it.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks,
Rich
::EDIT:: My K2K is the 3.01J chipset.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

InsectInPixel wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:11 pm
Hi folks,
I just got a Kurzweil K2000 and it didn't come with any floppies. I found many K2000 (K2K) patches on the internet and want to get them into the K2K, so I bought and installed a GOTEK with the OLED display. I went to HxC and did some searching to get it up and running. I can't figure out how to get the K2K to "see" the USB as a floppy. I partitioned the USB drive to just under 4GB so I was able to format it FAT 16. that was successful. the display on the emulator says "No FAT SD. Please Format". When I try to format the USB via the K2K, the keyboard display says the floppy is Write Protected. Can you provide me some guidance? I Installed HxCFloppyEmulator on my Mac and watched a YouTube video how a guy got it to work on an Ensoniq TS 20 and I just can't figure out how to get the .krz patches onto an image and loaded onto the USB, then be able to get the K2K to recognize it.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks,
Rich
::EDIT:: My K2K is the 3.01J chipset.
You need to convert these krz files to hfe or img files with the hxc software, format the stick in fat32, and copy them to the stick.

FredRx.Daniel

Post by FredRx.Daniel »

Hi K2 users, I installed an HxC Floppy Emulator (USB version) on my K2000VP. It works very well and reads all the .HFE files that came with it.

Now, I want to convert my Analog Collection to .HFE (and other personal files)

So, I downloaded the HxC Floppy Emulator app (v.2.5.6.6). and followed the tutorial.

1) I placed my .KRZ in a folder

2) Open the software

3) Choose the destination folder where the converted files will be located and check "treat input files as RAW files"

When I click on the predefined disk layout and have to choose the disk layout, there is not the Kurzweil K2000 listed :shock:

So I choose "Custom Disk layout" and I convert my .KRZ to .HFE, but the files are not recognized by my K2000VP once installed on the USB key. The K2000 marks me "Not a Dos disk:pc_dskinit". :?

On the other hand, I don't know if this is normal, but in the "Target file format" tab it says "HFE-SD HxC Floppy Emulator file format".

I don't have "HFE-USB HxC Floppy Emulator file format" listed. :shock:

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hello,

Which USB HxC have you exactly ? What is displayed on the screen without any usb stick connected ?