Emulator on Yamaha Clavinova

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emulator on Yamaha Clavinova

Post by Jeff »

What display the gotek?

flemke

Post by flemke »

Hi Jeff,

I've uploaded two files for you:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fR8 ... XNsRTBMMkU
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_fR8 ... nJNS2dlQUU

The first one is the content of my USB Stick which contains two disk images in Shugart format and a Shugart config file. At least this is what I wanted to achieve. Please check if it is correct.

The second zip file contains two video clips demonstrating the behavior of the GOTEK emulator when turning on the keyboard and when changing the disks.
On the right you can see four red LEDs and a green number 1. These LEDs are indicating that a disk was found and the first song was loaded by the keyboard.
After changing the disk using the buttons on the GOTEK drive these LEDs go out and after 2 seconds they flash on again for a very short moment. It seems the disk was loaded but automatically ejected again.
As I said in my last post the behavior was identical when I used the default config and the file you gave me.

Regards,
Frank

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Probably a jumper and/or a configuration issue.

Please put a picture of your old floppy disk drive jumpers.

flemke

Post by flemke »

Jumper settings of the original Mitsubishi MF353C-152MZ drive:
Drive select jumper is set to DS0.
Other jumper block:

Code: Select all

DC
     o   o
 SR  |   | (DC)
     o   o

MM  o---o

MS  o   o

IS  o---o

IU  o   o
According to http://freaknet.org/asbesto/roba/diskettes-jumpers.pdf these jumpers probably mean the following:
SR Issues the Standard Ready signal on pin 34 -> ON
DC Issues the Disk Change signal on pin 34 -> OFF
(DC) Issues the Disk Change signal on pin 2 -> ON
MM Motor start-up by the Motor-On signal -> ON
MS Motor start-up by the Drive Select signal -> OFF
IS Front LED controlled by the Drive Select signal -> ON
IU Front LED controlled by the Ready signal -> OFF

On the GOTEK I set MO and DS0 to ON.

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Hi Jeff,

it's possible to contact "flemke" user in private? Since it is a Clavinova user with a similar model, I like to talk with his.

flemke

Post by flemke »

I finally bought a Rev F SD-Card HxC Floppy Emulator from Lotharek.
I installed it today and it started working perfectly fine with my CVP75 after just copying the files from the USB-Stick I was using before in the Gotek emulator onto my SD card.
Changing the disks is recognized immediately by the piano without any problem.

@Jeff, does the HxC firmware for the Gotek device use different timings? What could be the reason for the different behavior?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

flemke wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 pm
I installed it today and it started working perfectly fine with my CVP75 after just copying the files from the USB-Stick I was using before in the Gotek emulator onto my SD card.

@Jeff, does the HxC firmware for the Gotek device use different timings? What could be the reason for the different behavior?
Interesting. This is maybe because the gotek of no gate to disable/enable its output. unlike the true SD HxC, all is done by software and this take some extra nano seconds. And the gotek output buffers are really slow. The whole process take ~400ns vs ~50ns with the SD HxC.
You can try to force the drive selection permanently (connect the drive selection line to the gnd/vss). if this work, this confirm the gating issue.

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 pm
flemke wrote:

Interesting. This is maybe because the gotek of no gate to disable/enable its output. unlike the true SD HxC, all is done by software and this take some extra nano seconds. And the gotek output buffers are really slow. The whole process take ~400ns vs ~50ns with the SD HxC.
You can try to force the drive selection permanently (connect the drive selection line to the gnd/vss). if this work, this confirm the gating issue.
Hello, I'm interested in this, @Jeff can you explain better what is "connect the drive selection line to the gnd/vss"? I like to test in my CVP-55. Has the same issue like the CVP-75 of @flemke (without Lotharek drive).

@flemke by the way, have you got "Disk Orchestra Collection" disk image to share with me?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:55 pm
Jeff wrote:
flemke wrote:

Hello, I'm interested in this, @Jeff can you explain better what is "connect the drive selection line to the gnd/vss"? I like to test in my CVP-55. Has the same issue like the CVP-75 of @flemke (without Lotharek drive).

@flemke by the way, have you got "Disk Orchestra Collection" disk image to share with me?
Get a custom firmware there : https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/
Set "Non gated mode".

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:11 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:55 pm
Jeff wrote:

Get a custom firmware there : https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/
Set "Non gated mode".
Tested. Not working... : ( Same issue

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Which files are you using ?

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

I'm using .hfe image that contains 8 MDR_XX.EVT songs (XX are the 00, 01, 02...) + MUSIC.DIR + NAME.MDA

This is basically Yamaha's Disk Orchestra Collection floppy structure.

But I created more .hfe files with converted .mid to .evt too. It work's too.

The issue is the same that appears on the video uploaded by @Jeff in this topic. It forces you to power off and power on again the Clavinova.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

You probably need to check the interface mode : you should set it to shugart mode.

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:02 pm
You probably need to check the interface mode : you should set it to shugart mode.
Always be in shugart mode : (

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

DanielDOC wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:34 pm
Jeff wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Always be in shugart mode : (
Are you sure that you have updated the firmware with the non gated version ? Is the version code on the gotek matching with the latest firmware version ?