Yamaha QX3 and the Gotek USB

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha QX3 and the Gotek USB

Post by Jeff »

PaulStahl wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:30 pm
I tested more during lunch with the old floppy drive and seems the exit function is more normal i am not sure what happened. It does seem that the new firmware version is closer to being correct.. i will wait for the update from you before i try anything else.. thank you.. oh and i also did notice that the led light on the old floppy drive is on all the time..
attached the new firmware !
test2.zip
(81.85 KiB) Downloaded 421 times

PaulStahl

Post by PaulStahl »

Jeff wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 pm
PaulStahl wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:30 pm
I tested more during lunch with the old floppy drive and seems the exit function is more normal i am not sure what happened. It does seem that the new firmware version is closer to being correct.. i will wait for the update from you before i try anything else.. thank you.. oh and i also did notice that the led light on the old floppy drive is on all the time..
attached the new firmware !

test2.zip
Outstanding..my hats off to you sir.. So far everything seems to be functioning perfectly and no problems with any of the command buttons .. The only thing now would be an indexed version of the CFG to test switching between disks! Congratulations! :D .... Just a side note to anyone else reading this, i am using an 8GB sandisk cruzer fit USB stick with this GOTEK , they seem to perform very well..

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

PaulStahl wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:43 am
Outstanding..my hats off to you sir.. So far everything seems to be functioning perfectly and no problems with any of the command buttons .. The only thing now would be an indexed version of the CFG to test switching between disks! Congratulations! :D .... Just a side note to anyone else reading this, i am using an 8GB sandisk cruzer fit USB stick with this GOTEK , they seem to perform very well..
Ok super ! :D

Btw can you format and send me a blank working hfe file ?

For record here it is the working setup :

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Specific to the HxC Gotek :

Get a custom firmware with version >= v3.1.60.4a

https://hxc2001.com/custom_fw/

check the "Non gated mode" checkbox,
Set "Motor input line" to "Floppy Select Line".
Set "Motor ON - Ready delay" to 400ms.

Leave all others parameters as default.

Get and update the firmware.
Once your new firmware is flashed you may need to clear the drive internal settings to use some of your default settings : Press the right button at power up to clear them.

The config file (for all SD HxC and Gotek HxC floppy emulators):

-> Start the hxc software,
-> Menu Settings -> SD HxC Floppy Emulator settings
-> In the "SD HxC Emulator Interface setting" set the Drive A config :
Mode=Custom, Pin 2=nDiskChange 1, Pin 34=nReady,
check "Drive B input as Drives Motor ON",
uncheck "2 drives emulation".

If you want to enable the Indexed mode, check "Enable indexed mode"

Save the config file.

SD HxC rev C/F/Slim switches config : Set ID0-A and ID3-B to ON.

Gotek HxC Jumper config : Place the "MO" jumper, remove all others jumpers.

Attached the pre-built firmware and config files.
HxC_QX3.zip
(84.46 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

PaulStahl

Post by PaulStahl »

I sent you the working blank HFE file formatted with the QX3.. I also tried the new indexed CFG file from your latest post and as far as I can tell everything is working as it should. I am able to switch between disks no problems and all data is saved and available on power up. Thanks!!

namesinmarble

Post by namesinmarble »

Hi Jeff or Paul,

Do you have a link to a working blank HFE image I can download? I have used the blank image for the Kawai Q80 from the downloadable archive of disk images, but it reports a size of 000K used and 000K available. If I format it, it reports 731K available, but if I switch my QX3 off and back on again the disk is once again reporting 000K available. This is with the CFG file Jeff posted, on a Lotharek HXC Rev F.

Regards,

Gozde

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

namesinmarble wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Hi Jeff or Paul,

Do you have a link to a working blank HFE image I can download? I have used the blank image for the Kawai Q80 from the downloadable archive of disk images, but it reports a size of 000K used and 000K available. If I format it, it reports 731K available, but if I switch my QX3 off and back on again the disk is once again reporting 000K available. This is with the CFG file Jeff posted, on a Lotharek HXC Rev F.

Regards,

Gozde
You can found Q80 HFE in this archive :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... Images.zip

namesinmarble

Post by namesinmarble »

Hi Jeff!

The Q80 image from the floppy disk images zip file is the one I was having problems with. After some further experimentation, I managed to get a working image. I loaded the HxC config from your HxC_QX3 zip file into the HxC Floppy Emulator application, and then generated a 720KB DSDD disk image. I exported that to a HFE file, and then formatted the disk image on the QX3. I'm now able to save and load songs between power cycling the QX3!

The machine still seems to get confused occasionally, not seeing a disk image at the first attempt to load a file. Perhaps this is something to do with the machine not sensing disk changes properly and thinking no disk is present?

Regards,

Gozde

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

namesinmarble wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:02 pm
The machine still seems to get confused occasionally, not seeing a disk image at the first attempt to load a file. Perhaps this is something to do with the machine not sensing disk changes properly and thinking no disk is present?
Yes you may need to change the interface and/or the switch setting.
Remove the sdcard, press select button to enter the menu, choose "interface cfg". You can try shugart, pc 720KB and pc 1.44MB