Kawai Q80 and the Gotek USB

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Kawai Q80 and the Gotek USB

Post by Jeff »

PaulStahl wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:48 am
Jeff wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:24 pm
PaulStahl wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 am
I ran into another snag today using the HxC emulator software v2.1.22.3 I can not load a file image from any of the HFE quick install disk image pack for the Q80, it will say Null sized DOS image! invalid disk! but they work fine in the Q80.. i can save load and format these files that i got from the quick pack.. If i try to create a blank 720K disk from the software and load my SNG song files to it the Q80 will read it and i can see whats on it but when i go to load it becomes disk unavailable .. if i try to format it, its disk unavailable and then i can no longer read it with the software it will give the same error message .. Maybe this is a format issue of some sort?
But in fact i am not sure that the Q80 use a compatible FAT/DOS format. Does it ? The floppy disks was readable on a PC without special tool ?
I do have to use a special program to save my SNG files from a floppy disk as well as i must format a disk with the Q80 before it is usable so i can see why the HFE file with my songs on it would not work from the emulator software.. I would think though that i could create a blank disk with the emulator software and then format it from the Q80 but i am not able to.. I wonder how they created the HFE files that i use from the quick pack?
You need to use a DD HFE image with the shugart interface mode or set/force the floppy emulator interface mode to shugart.