Tools for the Korg T1, T2, T3 floppy filesystem

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
kmi9000

Tools for the Korg T1, T2, T3 floppy filesystem

Post by kmi9000 »

Hi,

Perhaps, the following info could be useful for the usage of the HxC floppy drive emulator with the Korg T-series (T1, T2, T3):

There is a project called "korgutils" which contains command-line tools ("tfloppylist", "wav2t", "tformat", "m1pcmcard2t") for the Korg T-series floppy filesystem which is contained within IMG-files. For example, "tfloppylist" can be used to list the contents of an IMG-file. Optionally, files can be exported and samples can be converted into WAV-files. IMG-files can be created from hfe-files with the help of "HxCFloppyEmulator". Furthermore, "wav2t" for example can be used to create an IMG-file for given WAV-files.

The open-source project "korgutils" can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/korgutils/
For further information please see the README-files within the distributions.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
kmi9000

ThisAndThat

Re: Tools for the Korg T1, T2, T3 floppy filesystem

Post by ThisAndThat »

I know this post is a few years old, but thanks for creating this.
I took some disk images from my old T3 floppies some years ago and dug them out when I came across your program.
It worked fine on them, I got listings of all the song titles and exported the sequences and other data using the 'file' argument.

The T3 has long gone (nearly 30 years ago). Just wondering if you or anyone else here came across any info on the structure that the sequence data is stored in the file. How note data is stored and at what addresses etc. would be nice to extract just the note data and write it out as a standard MIDI file. I know a little C programming (not to your level though) so could give it a go. Asking just in case, though I know it's a long shot.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: It's okay, I understand it now. I downloaded the T1/2/3 manual and have confirmed that the sysex table at the back for the sequencer data is the same as that of the SEQ files exported by korgutils. I see that each sequence event data is packed into 4 bytes. I need to learn the structure of standard MIDI files (.mid) and try and convert one to the other. Then look into pattern data.