Yamaha A3000 HxC Gotek

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
JMack

Re: Yamaha A3000 HxC Gotek

Post by JMack »

Please help!

JMack

Post by JMack »

Ok I've manage to get some samples onto the usb key which I can then 'import' to the sampler. By saving an image .IMG and then saving that to the HFE format. Unfortunately I can only load one at a time which turns out to be slower than midi sds for loading.
Re-saving them did'nt work however.
When I change the disk image using the buttons on the Gotek it seems to lose sight of which disk is mounted and I have to manually re-access the disk through another menu. The gotek didn't have issues with this before the Hxc flash. Any ideas how we could resolve this?
I'm going to research if there's a way of using the native sample format for the Yamaha A3000.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

JMack wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Unfortunately I can only load one at a time which turns out to be slower than midi sds for loading.
I am not sure to understand this part.
JMack wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm
When I change the disk image using the buttons on the Gotek it seems to lose sight of which disk is mounted and I have to manually re-access the disk through another menu.
Same here, i don't understand. Can you explain which menu you are talking about ?

Are you using the indexed mode and config file ?

Anyway try to directly use the IMG format: Just rename the IMG file like this : DSKA0000.IMG,DSKA0001.IMG,DSKA0002.IMG,...
And take care to the use the indexed config file present from the firmware archive in the folder Config_Files/Indexed_mode/HXCSDFE.CFG :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Another point : Is the gotek jumper set to S1 and all others jumpers removed ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jeff wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:21 pm
Another point : Is the gotek jumper set to S1 and all others jumpers removed ?
According to this previous Yamaha A3000 + SD HxC user feedback the jumper setting is important. A wrong setting appears to lead to an half-working situation. From my point of view this appears to be the case too with your setup :

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3021

SD HxC ID1A switch is equal to the Gotek S1 jumper setting.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

JMack wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm
Can you tell me if when I save the new edited image if I have to save as 'DSKA0001.HFE' etc.? By default it want's to save as 'DSKA0001_HFE' or should I not touch the disk titles?
Yes, you need to change the name to DSKA0001.HFE.

btw you can use the DosDiskBrowser : Just unpack the software to the usb stick root folder, and start it from this point. You can then easily edit/change the image contents without the load/save operations :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rowser.zip

JMack

Post by JMack »

Hi Jeff,

Yes jumpers are correct. I tried dosdiskbrowser but I couldn't run it with 'Play on Mac' which is a wine based PC emulator. I'm on Mac.

I'm using indexed mode with a 1.44mb Gotek. Do I load the config file in the sdhxc settings? I have a usb key version so I thought I don't need to use the sdhxc settings. At what point should I load the CFG file. When I load a working image with data is the CFG not included as part of that? At the moment I've been loading the CFG file 1st (load iamge). Is this correct? It's on the root of the key as required.

Is there a way of having a larger floppy image size with my setup?

So far I'm using the import function on the sampler but I have to load each file in the list one by one which is very slow. And as I said when I move to a different floppy image with the gotek buttons the disk image access is lost until I re-access it in the 'Disk' functions of the A3000.

JMack

Post by JMack »

Here is my HxcUsb settings.
USB settings.png
USB settings.png (58.84 KiB) Viewed 6334 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

JMack wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:12 pm
Hi Jeff,

Yes jumpers are correct.
Only one is needed ! please remove the others.

JMack

Post by JMack »

It is configured like this>
Jumperset.png
Jumperset.png (46.16 KiB) Viewed 6330 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Please clear/reset the gotek settings, remove all files from your stick and unpack the following zip to the root of the usb stick :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... YA3000.zip

JMack

Post by JMack »

Hi Jeff,
I tried with the new files, I didn't notice any significant difference. If I have just IMG files on the stick the sampler can't read it unless I also have HFE's as well as the IMG files.

I made about 10 images with sounds before you uploaded the new files, but since editing and re-writing samples I'm now getting Disk read/write errors.

In what way are the images you uploaded are different?

I'm really at the point now where I don't know how to move forward with this.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Please try the "Not_Gated_Firmware" version :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

(remove all upd file(s) from the stick, copy the new upd from the folder "Not_Gated_Firmware" and follow this procedure :
https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... pdate.html )

And then retry these files :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... YA3000.zip
(please remove all others files from the stick)

Please use another usb stick (another brand) for all these tests. This is to exclude any possible problem the with the stick.

If this still doesn't work we have to change/find the right interface setting.