Oberheim DPX-1 would really love to get this working....

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
80sboy

Oberheim DPX-1 would really love to get this working....

Post by 80sboy »

Please please please let me get what I want...

So, I feel like Ive tried everything - I can get this working while plugged into the 5 1/4" drive as S1 - but it will ONLY load EII files (as .hfe files)

I am REALLY trying to get this to also read Ensoniq Mirage files - no matter what I do, I can not get it to load these files, OR to even load EII files in the upper drive slot. If I try to load EII .hfe files in the upper slot I get dnf error.

I actually have 2 Gotek HxC drives installed now, and I'm trying every combination. Here is what I would like to do

Load Emulator EII and Ensoniq mirage files. Both converted to .hfe files. It would be great to have this happen with only one drive, but I am willing to have 2 HxC Gotek drives installed.

Please help guide me in what I need to do to make this possible.

Help!!!

and thanks

80sboy

Re: Oberheim DPX-1 would really love to get this working....

Post by 80sboy »

Well - Ive tried everything - I have TWO Gotek HxC flashed drives in my DPX-1

I can load EII files no problem. From either drive.

I absolutely CANNOT get an Ensoniq Mirage file to load, HFE file - nada, I get either nD or disk error.

I've tried what seems to be every combination of jumper setting, emulator settings etc...

IF anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it....I would love to be able to load Mirage and EII files in my DPX

80sboy

Post by 80sboy »

So why can I not load mirage files into the DPX? They are converted into .hfe files and I have tried everything to get them to load -

Ugh - this is so incredibly frustrating.....

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

80sboy wrote: I can load EII files no problem. From either drive.
which is not normal. only one drive should be able to load EII disks. have you changed the jumper setting on one drive ?

80sboy

Post by 80sboy »

OK - heres the setup right now -

Gotek HxC installed in the 51/4' spot - jumper 0 AND 1 installed

3 1/4" Floppy drive left in place

If I load a floppy without a USB stick in, it loads - if I take the floppy out and load from the USB stick, EII files load, but the floppy drive also makes loading sounds also - its actually running also at the same time...

I CAN NOT - no matter what I do, get an Ensoniq Mirage file to load - I've had TWO Gotek HxC flashed drives installed, and can not get a Mirage .HFE file to load. I would love to get that to work so I can sell my Mirage rack.

So...kinda working in a weird sort of way

brettb

Post by brettb »

I have loaded mirage files from SD card .hfe but the dpx-1 bugged out each time with all the lights dimly flickering including busy light when was receiving midi but made no sound. Had to reboot to get it to load other banks.

Edit: tried again today and Mirage files loaded and play...making the display light flicker still which is strange, but the samples are playing. Jumper ID0A is on and made sure I selected drive A before loading.