Does it work on a Roland XP-80 synthesizer?

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
johnmx

Does it work on a Roland XP-80 synthesizer?

Post by johnmx »

Hi you all,

First of all let me congratulate the owner for this great project.

My Roland XP-80 floppy disk driver is not working very well. Do you know if this circuit (the PIC stand alone version) is compatible with the synthesizer?
I know that the floppy data system is the same used by IBM PCs. So I can copy files and even format the floppy in a Microsoft Windows PC to be used in the XP-80. Does it mean that this circuit is compatible (since it works on a PC)?

Best regards,
johnmx

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Does it work on a Roland XP-80 synthesizer?

Post by Jeff »

johnmx wrote:Hi you all,

My Roland XP-80 floppy disk driver is not working very well. Do you know if this circuit (the PIC stand alone version) is compatible with the synthesizer?
I know that the floppy data system is the same used by IBM PCs. So I can copy files and even format the floppy in a Microsoft Windows PC to be used in the XP-80. Does it mean that this circuit is compatible (since it works on a PC)?

Best regards,
johnmx
Hi,
This "should" work with the floppy emulator, since the Roland XP-80 used ms-dos type floppy disk.

However, nobody has tested it on this synth.

dvieiraj

Re: Does it work on a Roland XP-80 synthesizer?

Post by dvieiraj »

Jeff wrote:
johnmx wrote:Hi you all,

Best regards,
johnmx
Hi,
This "should" work with the floppy emulator, since the Roland XP-80 used ms-dos type floppy disk.

However, nobody has tested it on this synth.

I also have a roland keyboard (model alpha-1) and would like to know if this device will work with my keyboard. In this model the green light is always "on" from floppy.
I use floppy to read new styles (.stl) and midi (.mid) files.
Thanks!