Dynacord Add-One & Add-Drive with HXC

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
KazRemark

Re: Dynacord Add-One & Add-Drive with HXC

Post by KazRemark »

Today I spent some time sampling in the Add-One and then saved the following image.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6be0e9 ... 308/652b36

I opened the SD card on my Mac to back up the image, and renamed some of the files on it. Now I can no longer open this disk image, which is a bummer as I was really happy with the kit. Any idea why this one might not be working, this is the first time this has occurred with an image saved from the Add-One. I'm assuming that messing around with it on Mac OS corrupted it. Is there any way to salvage these when that happens?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

KazRemark wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:12 am
Yes, now they seem to load, thanks! What was the problem?
I have added the format description into the software. I will release it in beta version today.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

KazRemark wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 am
Any idea why this one might not be working, this is the first time this has occurred with an image saved from the Add-One. I'm assuming that messing around with it on Mac OS corrupted it. Is there any way to salvage these when that happens?
Yes the disk image is corrupted. sound like to be to a SD file system corruption. Have you tried to read it before the renaming ? Have you changed something recently in your setup ?
Which sdcard are you using ?

Can you try to reformat the sdcard, copy a fresh cfg file, and copy some clean hfe files (mine for example)
and then try so save some samples and share the modified hfe files here.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 am
KazRemark wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:12 am
Yes, now they seem to load, thanks! What was the problem?
I have added the format description into the software. I will release it in beta version today.
Done :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... r_soft.zip

Just use the Dynacord custom format in the load raw window. Once selected, you can use the batch converter to convert a big quantity of files.

KazRemark

Post by KazRemark »

Thanks! I am a Mac user, so is my best option to find an old PC with floppy drive, or is it possible to get the software running on Mac OS (for example boot camp or parralels).

Ultimately I would like to figure out a workflow that allows me to select WAV/Aiff files on my Mac and wrap them in a Dynacord compatible disk image to load in via SD. I believe I read somewhere that Akai S900 format works with Dynacord.

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

Using EMXP it seems like it should be possible to create S1000 images on my Mac that might work with my dynacord. I take it that i would still use your software to batch covert those as Dynacord disk images?

Sorry about all the questions, but I‘m new to all of this.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

KazRemark wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 pm
Thanks! I am a Mac user, so is my best option to find an old PC with floppy drive, or is it possible to get the software running on Mac OS (for example boot camp or parralels).

Ultimately I would like to figure out a workflow that allows me to select WAV/Aiff files on my Mac and wrap them in a Dynacord compatible disk image to load in via SD. I believe I read somewhere that Akai S900 format works with Dynacord.

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

Using EMXP it seems like it should be possible to create S1000 images on my Mac that might work with my dynacord. I take it that i would still use your software to batch covert those as Dynacord disk images?

Sorry about all the questions, but I‘m new to all of this.
There is a mac version in the archive. Just load/convert the img from the web and export them to HFE.