DPX tools problems

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Synth boy

DPX tools problems

Post by Synth boy »

Hi all

I am having problems trying to run DPX tools on a Windows 7 virtual machine (Parallels Desktop) which is running on my iMac. The first line in the e2dpx.exe screen reads "ERROR: incorrect parameter list". The last line reads 'Press a key...' I hit a key and the e2dpx.exe screen disappears.

As there is no internal floppy drive installed in my iMac, would that have something to do with the above issues? I did install the FDRAWCMD.SYS floppy driver in the windows virtual machine by the way.

Any advice on the above issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments
e2dpx error.tiff
e2dpx error.tiff (47.93 KiB) Viewed 4735 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: DPX tools problems

Post by Jeff »

I didn't have developed these tools so i can't help you with them.

What are you trying to do exactly ?

Synth boy

Post by Synth boy »

I have finally worked out how to convert the files. You don't double click e2dpx but for batch conversion you can make a small file in notepad E2DPX.BAT and type a line of text in that BAT file: e2dpx.exe B. When you run the BAT file by double clicking it, it will convert all the EII files to DPX. Then you have to convert them obviously to hfe in order to run them in HXC.

80sboy

Post by 80sboy »

would you mind elaborating on how you do this step by step? I am having the same issue, trying to convert EII files to DPX, using a Mac running VMWare

WHere do you put the original files youre trying to convert? Unclear as to the order of events
thanks!

EDIT - Figured it out! For any future humans looking at this

Step 1. locate your folder of .EII files

Step 2. Place the E2DPX exe app in that folder

Step 3. in Windows "Notepad" create a file called E2DPX with the text mentioned previously in the body of the text.

Step 4. Save as a .BAT file

Step 5. Double click that file

Conversion!