Specific folder structure for Technics instruments

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
designserve

Specific folder structure for Technics instruments

Post by designserve »

Hi All,

I run several support websites about Technics instruments and I own several Technics keyboards. Here is one of the sites:

http://technicskn7000.com/

Technics KN7000 and KN2600 use SD Cards. I'm planning to fit emulators to my other keyboards.

The folder structure for KN7000 and KN2600 SD Cards is equivalent to having 99 floppy disks per SD Card. However, these 99 folders are stored beneath other folders, several levels deep.

Something like this:

Root > PRIVATE > KN7000 > 99 folders here

What I would like to do is use the same folder structure for the keyboards with emulators, when I add them. This would enable me to save files on a KN6000, KN5000, KN3000 etc into the folder structure I've outlined and then be able to open those files directly on a KN7000 or KN2600 (as well as on the keyboards that have emulators).

Would it be a big task for a programmer to write software for the emulator to do this?

I'm thinking that if this can be done, other members of my websites could adopt the same strategy (there are about 2500 members at the moment) and this would mean that we have a standard way of working whatever model of keyboard we own.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Mike

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Specific folder structure for Technics instruments

Post by Jeff »

You can use any folder struture with the HxC Floppy Emulator : You can put images in subfolders as you want.