Compatibility with Korg Trinity

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
mathausen

Compatibility with Korg Trinity

Post by mathausen »

Hello,
I would like to know if the emulator is compatible with Korg Trinity synthesizer and eventually know if it can both read and write on the SD emulator.

I've recently tested a Gotek floppy emulator and it works in some way except for upgrading the operating system.
Basically the procedure to load the O.S. is to press a combination of buttons on the Trinity and keep it pressed while powering on the keyboard and insert the floppy disk with the O.S. to be loaded, but unfortunately the Gotek emulator can't be recognized by the keyboard during this operation (so before the O.S. is loaded).

The original floppy installed into the Trinity is a Panasonic JU-257A726P.
If the HxC emulator if fully compatible I will get one immediately.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility with Korg Trinity

Post by Jeff »

A SD HxC mount the images a waaaay faster at power up than the Gotek having to deal with the whole USB stack.
So yes for sure the HxC will work :D

mathausen

Post by mathausen »

Hi Jeff,
I wrote you an email from the contact form of the HxC website, please let me know you you received it, thanks :)

Ramucho

Post by Ramucho »

@mathausen,

Hello,

I've flashed my Gotek with HxC firmware and I can't load disks with the Trinity. I can see the files on the screen but each time I want to load one by touching the screen, the synth makes a disk refresh. Did you manage to make yours running ? Which configuration do you use ? Is DS1 jumper closed ? I personnaly use indexed mode. This works well. Which interface mode do you use, PC 1.44 HD, Shugart... ? Your help is welcome. Thanks