Kawaii q80

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
des4664

Kawaii q80

Post by des4664 »

hi, I have the emulator installed on my kawaii q80. Everything has been working fine for two or three months, but tonight I encountered a problem. Each virtual disk shows on the emulator, and the virtual disk menu appears in the load song function. However when I press 'load' to choose and load an individual midi file, I am getting disk unavailable. Is this a ribbon issue or possibly a hardware issue? any help is appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Kawaii q80

Post by Jeff »

des4664 wrote:hi, I have the emulator installed on my kawaii q80. Everything has been working fine for two or three months, but tonight I encountered a problem. Each virtual disk shows on the emulator, and the virtual disk menu appears in the load song function. However when I press 'load' to choose and load an individual midi file, I am getting disk unavailable. Is this a ribbon issue or possibly a hardware issue? any help is appreciated.
yes this may be a connection problem. Have you tried to reconnect the power & floppy ribbon?

and can you send me your HFE files ?

des4664

Post by des4664 »

Hi Jeff, yes I checked the connections on the ribbon and power supply, they seem ok. One point of note is that the ribbon is quite tight, as it barely reaches between the board and the emulator, a longer one would have been better, although I don't see any obvious crimp or break in the ribbon. Also, I did notice after reconnecting the ribbon and power supply tonight, that on occasions, the kawaii was showing 'disk unavailable' even when i tried to bring up the file menu.
As regards the HFE files i will send them to you, but I have a back up card with the files (which you kindly imaged for me) and the problem occurs with the backup too, so Im thinking it may not be the files. Is there any other menu functions that may have inadvertently changed? Thanks for all your help.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Try to reset the emulator settings : remove the sd, press select -> select "clear eeprom" -> yes.

also try the new firmware:
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

des4664

Post by des4664 »

Hi Jeff, I bought a floppy drive emulator in February for my Kawai Q80. I would like to buy another one for my backup Q80, but I can't remember which version I need. Could you please let me know which version I need? I would also need a 10" ribbon, and the correct jumper settings. If you could let me know the total price, I will get payment off to you asap. Many thanks. Des.

Sent from my iPad