How to convert my Q80 disks to HFE files

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
des4664

How to convert my Q80 disks to HFE files

Post by des4664 »

I have just successfully installed the emulator on my Kawaii q80 and everything works well. My problem now is to convert my floppy (disks 5#) to disk images and then subsequently, the sequences to hfe files. I have tried using a Sony usb floppy drive however it is not recognising the q80 file format. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this, thanks in advance. Dessie.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: How to convert my Q80 disks to HFE files

Post by Jeff »

des4664 wrote:I have just successfully installed the emulator on my Kawaii q80 and everything works well. My problem now is to convert my floppy (disks 5#) to disk images and then subsequently, the sequences to hfe files. I have tried using a Sony usb floppy drive however it is not recognising the q80 file format. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this, thanks in advance. Dessie.
An USB Floppy drive should support the Q80 format. Try to use winimage on a PC to dump the disk.

des4664

Post by des4664 »

Thanks Jeff, will give it a go.

des4664

Post by des4664 »

Hi Jeff, I tried using winimage on windows laptop, but still not recognising the q80 disk format. Message comes up 'this disk may need to be formatted'. But if I format, obviously I lose all the files that I want to convert. I don't particularly want to go down the road of exchanging original floppy drive and emulator to load up and then save files 10 songs at a time. Thanks for your help and advice.