E-MU ESI 4000

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
totor42

E-MU ESI 4000

Post by totor42 »

Hello !

Good news ! I've make working HxC with this sampler ! But there are some traps !

- Once original floppy device is removed, don't reconnect original ribbon cable in the normal way with the HxC ! Don't use keyed tab connector, pin 1 (edge color) is incorrect position ! Return the IDC connector from ribbon cable so that egde color (pin 1) matchs with HxC pin 1 marking on PCB.

- Then configure in .hfe file or directly with Hxc menu <Interface type> = PC HDD ! Not shugart !

It works well with image files made from floppy or image made from ESI sampler with format function ! :) :) :)

Fred

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: E-MU ESI 4000

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the feedback !

Interested by some pictures and ready to use HFE files :D .

tour

Post by tour »

HFE - ?

tour

Post by tour »

robot

Post by robot »

Hi

I am trying to do a similar thing with a emu e6400 ultra, Seems like the hookup to the drive is normal, the emu sees the floppy drive and it gets power and all that. I am sure the setup from the ESI 4000 would be largely transferable.

I changed on the HXC to work as PC HDD

I hav't had any luck making images from the emu with format.
what kind and size of images are you creating with the app that is working for you?

R

caonai

Post by caonai »

*bump* :D

I just installed my new HxC into a ESI4000, which recognises the drive.

However the sampler does recognise the SD card (it reads ‘insert floppy’, when the card is already in the drive) :?

The card HAS been:
  • Reformatted to FAT
    Jumper settings PC ID2B ID1A, as indicated in the forum post.
    The HXCSDFE.CFG was uploaded onto the card, and updated.
    I opened the Emulator software and configured the HXCSDFE.CFG file as seen in the screenshot.
What am I doing wrong?
(It's been a very long time since I've used this tech... sorry if the solution is blindingly obvious. :roll: :oops: )

Many thanks in advance!
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (191.5 KiB) Viewed 13359 times

caonai

Post by caonai »

hm... seems pretty dead around here.

Oh well. I've got everything up to formatting a disk running. After the formatting the sampler gives the message »missing address mark« and boom, back to square one. Does ANYONE have any idea what this means? There is no mention of this in the ESI4000 manual as an error message.... :? :(

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

caonai wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Oh well. I've got everything up to formatting a disk running. After the formatting the sampler gives the message »missing address mark« and boom, back to square one. Does ANYONE have any idea what this means? There is no mention of this in the ESI4000 manual as an error message.... :? :(
Have you copied some 1.44MB PCHD HFE files to the sdcard ?

audiotaku

Post by audiotaku »

Hi there,

As I can read from the forum; everyone here seems to be rather confortable with procedures and getting equipments properly fixed.

I came accross HxC2001 and try to figure out what emulator I should get to replace the floppy driver of my ESI 4000.

As english is not my language; I would need the kind help from the members to get started.

Thanx a lot!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

audiotaku wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:52 pm
Hi there,

As I can read from the forum; everyone here seems to be rather confortable with procedures and getting equipments properly fixed.

I came accross HxC2001 and try to figure out what emulator I should get to replace the floppy driver of my ESI 4000.

As english is not my language; I would need the kind help from the members to get started.

Thanx a lot!
- Vous pouvez utiliser le SD HxC Floppy Emulator Rev F.
- Mettre les switches ID0-A,ID1-A,ID2-A et ID3-A sur ON.
- Utiliser une carte SD correct (classe 10).
- Attention au sens de la nappe, apparemment il y une inversion à faire.
- Utiliser les images pour PC 1.44MB présentes dans cette archive et les formater avec l'ESI 4000 :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... Images.zip

audiotaku

Post by audiotaku »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 pm

- Utiliser les images pour PC 1.44MB présentes dans cette archive et les formater avec l'ESI 4000 :
Merci bcp Jean-François.

Parmi les images contenues dans le fichier zippé, j'ai bien trouvé le fichier PC 1.44MB et le fichier "READ ME" m'enjoins de tous les copier à la racine de la carte SD. Si j'en crois les précédents posts, il y a une phase "soft" sur Emulator qui permet de "gérer" la config. J'imagine que ce soft est téléchargeable depuis un précédent post ou sur HxC. Dois-je le lancer depuis mon PC avec la carte SD insérée? Lorsque c'est fait, la carte SD sera lisible et utilisable par l'ESI si j'ai bien compris?

Merci.
Jean-Philippe

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

audiotaku wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm
Jeff wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Merci bcp Jean-François.

Parmi les images contenues dans le fichier zippé, j'ai bien trouvé le fichier PC 1.44MB et le fichier "READ ME" m'enjoins de tous les copier à la racine de la carte SD. Si j'en crois les précédents posts, il y a une phase "soft" sur Emulator qui permet de "gérer" la config. J'imagine que ce soft est téléchargeable depuis un précédent post ou sur HxC. Dois-je le lancer depuis mon PC avec la carte SD insérée? Lorsque c'est fait, la carte SD sera lisible et utilisable par l'ESI si j'ai bien compris?

Merci.
Jean-Philippe
Oui mais en fait les fichiers de configurations dans le fichier zip sont suffisant.

audiotaku

Post by audiotaku »

Jeff wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 pm
audiotaku wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 pm

Merci bcp Jean-François.

Merci.
Jean-Philippe
Oui mais en fait les fichiers de configurations dans le fichier zip sont suffisant.
Bonjour Jean-François,
et merci pour la réponse, je n'ai plus qu'à choisir le revendeur pour m'équiper avec l'émulateur alors...

Une dernière question concernant l'utilisation de sons copiés depuis le PC sur la carte SD. L'ESI sera-t-il capable d'exploiter ses sons copiés à la racine de la carte ou faut-il générer une banque que l'ESI sait lire et placer les sons dedans? Si oui, quel éditeur est capable de le faire?
Merci pour ta patience et le suivi. Peut-être mes questions avaient-elles déjà été posées et résolues auparavant déjà mais en lisant les posts, je n'ai trouvé que de nouvelles questions à ce sujet... :/

Jean-Philippe

djbuzzard

Post by djbuzzard »

caonai wrote:

I'm getting the same error and also "Floppy CRC Error"...any ideas for a fix??

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

djbuzzard wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:04 am
caonai wrote:

I'm getting the same error and also "Floppy CRC Error"...any ideas for a fix??
Hello,

Which emulator are you using and with which firmware ?