Technics KN 2000 / Disk Change

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Technics KN 2000 / Disk Change

Post by Jeff »

Chingy wrote: I could send you an image off the files i'm trying to load?
yes sure : https://hxc2001.com/contactus/

dannytroy

Post by dannytroy »

Hopefully someone is still viewing this old thread. I can use some help! I have 3 KN2000 keyboards, and the floppy drives are driving me crazy in each one. I'm ready to go with the HXC emulator, but unsure of the installation procedure. Do I use the existing ribbon cable on the keyboard now, or use one with connectors on both ends? Does the pins match up (I believe there are 26 pins on the keyboard floppy). As far as I know the emulator uses more pins (36?). Any help would be appreciated, as I am a working musician and still use the KN2000 on gigs. I even use the KN2000 as a synth module for my Akai 4000S wind controller.

sambell

Post by sambell »

I AM HAVING SOME DIFFICULTY GETTING THE EMULATOR SET UP. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SET THE BITRATE, SPEED, SINGLE/DOUBLE TRACK. ALSO, I DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET IT TO LET ME SET UP DRIVE "A". I CAN SET UP "B". I'VE TRIED SEVERAL OF THE SLIDE SWITCH SETTINGS.
I'M CONNECTING IT TO A TECHNICS KN2000. I WANT TO RECORD SONGS AND SAVE THEM TO THE SDHCARD. COULD SOMEONE OFFER SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I MIGHT BE DOING WRONG?
THANKS IN ADVANCE, OH, PLEASE PARDON THE LARGE PRINT, I'M ABLE TO SEE THE LARGER PRINT BETTER.
SAM

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just set the switch to ID0-A and the interface mode to Shugart.

sambell

Post by sambell »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I WAS THINKING THAT I HAD TO MAKE A LOT OF OTHER SETTINGS.
THANKS AGAIN
SAM

sambell

Post by sambell »

HELLO, JEFF, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I MADE THE ID0-A AND THE SHUGART SETTINGS. ON THE KN2000 TECHNICS KEYBOARD, I RECORDED SOME MUSIC IN THE SEQUENCER. USING THE "SAVE" COMMAND BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD, I TRIED TO SAVE IT TO THE SD CARD. IT GAVE ME A MESSAGE THAT SAID "THE DATA YOU ARE TRYING TO USE IS FOR ANOTHER PRODUCT". ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE?

sambell

Post by sambell »

dannytroy wrote:Hopefully someone is still viewing this old thread. I can use some help! I have 3 KN2000 keyboards, and the floppy drives are driving me crazy in each one. I'm ready to go with the HXC emulator, but unsure of the installation procedure. Do I use the existing ribbon cable on the keyboard now, or use one with connectors on both ends? Does the pins match up (I believe there are 26 pins on the keyboard floppy). As far as I know the emulator uses more pins (36?). Any help would be appreciated, as I am a working musician and still use the KN2000 on gigs. I even use the KN2000 as a synth module for my Akai 4000S wind controller.
HELLO, DANNY, I AM ALSO TRYING TO GET THE EMULATOR TO WORK FOR ME. ALL THE REPORTS THAT I HAVE SEEN SAY IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. I JUST HAVEN'T GOT MINE WORKING THAT SMOOTHLY YET. BUT I'M GETTING CLOSE. IT DOES TAKE A SPECIAL CABLE. THE KN2000 USES A 24 PIN CONNECTOR AND THE EMULATOR USES A 34 PIN. NOT ALL OF THE CONTACTS ARE USED. I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND AN ADAPTER, SO I MADE MY OWN. THERE MAY BE SOME OUT THERE, I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE. THERE IS A WIRING DIAGRAM ON THIS FORUM. I WOULD LIKE TO COMPARE NOTES WITH YOU AND SEE IF I CAN BE OF HELP.
LET ME KNOW.
SAM

sambell

Post by sambell »

I'm trying to get this emulator to work with my 1993 vintage Technics KN2000. The floppy drive was a Matsushita/Panasonic drive. The numbers on the drive are B3625E5, and EME-213DBJ. I would really appreciate some help getting this emulator going. I made the cable adaptor using the wiring information shown on this forum and it seems to be in good order. I can't get the emulator to set on Drive A. It only wants to show Drive B. I've tried several settings of the jumper/slide switches.

I want to record a song into the sequencer, then SAVE it to the HD card. When I hit SAVE, it says "the data you are using is for another device".
I formatted the SD card to FAT32 and downloaded the required file. And I have selected the SHUGART setting on the emulator. Can someone please help.
Thanks
Sam

sambell

Post by sambell »

I did finally get the emulator working thanks to a lot of help from Mr. DEL NERO. The wiring diagram on this forum shows pin 32 as not being connected. When pin 32 was connected to pin 9 of the KN2000 keyboard, it worked beautifully. That gives that instrument a whole new life.
Thanks,
Sam

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

sambell wrote:I did finally get the emulator working thanks to a lot of help from Mr. DEL NERO. The wiring diagram on this forum shows pin 32 as not being connected. When pin 32 was connected to pin 9 of the KN2000 keyboard, it worked beautifully. That gives that instrument a whole new life.
Thanks,
Sam
Thanks ! I have corrected the wiring listing on the previous page.

sambell

Post by sambell »

I Got the Emulator working and I am really pleased with it. Now, all I have to de is learn how to use it. I can record songs and record them on the sequencer and save them to an image file. I have placed more image files on the SD card, but I don't understand how to change from one image file to another. I know about the < ^ > keys, but they don't seem to work for this particular job. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong. The KN2000 lets me record about 20 songs then I have to change "disks". I'm sure it's easy to do, but I haven't been able to see it yet.
thanks,
Sam

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

sambell wrote: I know about the < ^ > keys, but they don't seem to work for this particular job. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong. The KN2000 lets me record about 20 songs then I have to change "disks". I'm sure it's easy to do, but I haven't been able to see it yet.
thanks,
Sam
If you put more than one HFE to the SD, you should able to select another image with the buttons.

sambell

Post by sambell »

Ok, thanks, I think I've got it.

rdoctor

Post by rdoctor »

Hi all! My name is Roberto.

Last week I got my SFR1M44-U100k FAT32 USB Floppy Drive Emulator.

I wired it into a Technics KN 2000, which worked almost perfectly before the installation.
The Technics KN 2000 uses a PC Compatible 720KB drive with Special 24-pin connector.
I removed the old 720kb floppy reader that was damaged and i connected the emulator with an Adapter for Technics KN 2000 (34 to 24 pin ribbon cable). In that adapter pin 32 was connected to pin 9.
I turned on the kn2000 and the green light of the emulator and the red display are on.
The problem is, i can't get read the single 720kb partitions and the keyboard answer "Error00 THE DATA YOU ARE TRYING TO USE IS FOR ANOTHER PRODUCT"

The switch S1 is on with its jumper.
I tried to set the switch JA on , to generete READY signal on 34pin of floppy driver interface, but it doesn't work.

To test the adapter, i wired a 1,44 traditional floppy reader and it works perfectly.

Can you help me please ???

Thanks
Attachments
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG (158.02 KiB) Viewed 12851 times
$_57 (1).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG (159.29 KiB) Viewed 12851 times

sambell

Post by sambell »

Hello, Roberto, I went through some of those problems and finally discovered there was a discrepancy on the wiring diagram. Pin 9 on the KN2000 should be connected to pin 32 of the emulator. When I made that connection, it worked perfectly. Please let me know how it works.
Sam