SY99 Installation

HxC Floppy emulator support for all others Keyboards/Samplers...
markw

SY99 Installation

Post by markw »

Thought you all might like to see some pictures of my SY99 HxC install:

Here's a view of the HxC replacement for the SY99 floppy drive mounted in the stock bracket. The beige board at the bottom is a 26 pin to 34 pin floppy adapter (the SY uses a non-standard floppy cable). The green board at top is a breakout connector for the SD card pins - I used a SD card "breakout board" so I could mount the card to the front panel.
IMGP0400_1.jpg
IMGP0400_1.jpg (200.94 KiB) Viewed 5889 times
The HxC board is on the bottom of the bracket you see here. You can see the SD card breakout board in the middle of the photo. Here you also see my custom designed internal memory card - it's like having two MCD64 cards permanently installed in the SY99. Functionality is retained for inserting a card in the SY's external slot if desired. Part of the metal chassis shield was cut away to mount pushbuttons and LEDs for the HxC emulator and the MCD64 selector.
IMGP0413_1.jpg
IMGP0413_1.jpg (190.49 KiB) Viewed 5889 times
A shot of the front panel... aside from the holes needed for the selection pushbuttons and LEDs, the front panel fits neatly into the floppy disk pocket. The one LED above the select switch is a red/green bicolor LED - I added some simple logic on my memory card to combine the signals for the SD access and floppy access LEDs (green = SD access, red = floppy access). The Card A/B switch lets me switch between my two MCD64 banks.
IMGP0417.JPG
IMGP0417.JPG (162.8 KiB) Viewed 5885 times

Katsunami

Re: SY99 Installation

Post by Katsunami »

Neat work. It even looks as if it is supposed to be like this by design.

Can't wait for my Rev.F to arrive. I'm not such a hardware modding guy if it comes to expensive equipment :)

Halen103

Re: SY99 Installation

Post by Halen103 »

I have an SY77, and am looking to do something similar (if not the same exact thing). Would it be possible for you to send me the schematics of the wiring that you had to do, or how much would it cost to have you build the breakout boards for mounting? Thank you!