Asr-10 emulation slower than a floppy?

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
Lific315

Asr-10 emulation slower than a floppy?

Post by Lific315 »

I recently purchased the SD version of the emulator and installed it in my Asr-10.I've only been able to get one .EDA file to emulate,which was a file I've had for years that I downloaded from somewhere on the net.This particular file is for the 1.61 os.All I had to do was export it and it emulated perfectly.I didn't extract it,so I don't know how to replicate its performance.I've got a bunch of floppies both HD and DD that I've been dumping and exporting to the emulator.I've been saving the DD dumps to .EFA and then exporting them to HFE.They work,but the load time is a lot longer than an actual floppy?

When I try the same procedure with an HD disk the software won't recognize the image.If I re-dump it and save it as an .EDA file the software recognizes it,exports it,ASR recognizes it,but when I try to load any of the .EDA files that I've created I get "Disk not formatted."
Even though I can see the files in the ASR,so the text directory obviously emulates from dump,but I can't access the sounds.I haven't even tried to load a raw image yet,cause I'm not sure exactly which settings I need...Any insight on this problem would be appreciated!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Asr-10 emulation slower than a floppy?

Post by Jeff »

Lific315 wrote:I recently purchased the SD version of the emulator and installed it in my Asr-10.I've only been able to get one .EDA file to emulate,which was a file I've had for years that I downloaded from somewhere on the net.This particular file is for the 1.61 os.All I had to do was export it and it emulated perfectly.I didn't extract it,so I don't know how to replicate its performance.I've got a bunch of floppies both HD and DD that I've been dumping and exporting to the emulator.I've been saving the DD dumps to .EFA and then exporting them to HFE.They work,but the load time is a lot longer than an actual floppy?

When I try the same procedure with an HD disk the software won't recognize the image.If I re-dump it and save it as an .EDA file the software recognizes it,exports it,ASR recognizes it,but when I try to load any of the .EDA files that I've created I get "Disk not formatted."
Even though I can see the files in the ASR,so the text directory obviously emulates from dump,but I can't access the sounds.I haven't even tried to load a raw image yet,cause I'm not sure exactly which settings I need...Any insight on this problem would be appreciated!
Hi,

About the speed this is probably an interleave/gap setting problem. Can you send me the dumps + the working EDA files ?

About the non-working HD dump, send me the files too.

Lific315

Post by Lific315 »

Hey Jeff,

I just Emailed those files you requested.Looking forward to your response.

Lific315

Post by Lific315 »

I can't send you the files.I keep getting a delivery failure notification when I try to send it to the address you provided.Got another address?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Lific315 wrote:I can't send you the files.I keep getting a delivery failure notification when I try to send it to the address you provided.Got another address?
please zip them... and retry.

Lific315

Post by Lific315 »

I just sent that zip file to you.

Lific315

Post by Lific315 »

I just figured out what was up with the hd eda files and now they emulate beautifully!
I guess I just need settings for the DD export to speed up the load time.

Lific315

Post by Lific315 »

I figured it out...Works great when you know the formula!