Ensoniq SCSI

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
Wireman

Ensoniq SCSI

Post by Wireman »

Hi this is more a question to Jeff.
The HXC is excellent and can be adapted for almost any floppy replacement.
It can act as a hard drive on either the atari or amiga can't remember which.
Here is the question. Is it possable to tweak the pic on the board so that it emulates the scsi interface used by ensoniq eps thus allowing all sound/patches to be in one directory.
I know thats a redesign but I for one would pay 3 times the selling price of the HXC for that emu

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq SCSI

Post by Jeff »

Wireman wrote:Hi this is more a question to Jeff.
The HXC is excellent and can be adapted for almost any floppy replacement.
It can act as a hard drive on either the atari or amiga can't remember which.
Here is the question. Is it possable to tweak the pic on the board so that it emulates the scsi interface used by ensoniq eps thus allowing all sound/patches to be in one directory.
I know thats a redesign but I for one would pay 3 times the selling price of the HXC for that emu
SCSI ? but there are a lot of replacement solutions no ?

FredRx.Daniel

Post by FredRx.Daniel »

hello,
Thus, if the hxc is installed, it needs there no more disk of external storage?
All the sounds can be on the SD card?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FredRx.Daniel wrote:hello,
Thus, if the hxc is installed, it needs there no more disk of external storage?
All the sounds can be on the SD card?
All you can do with a floppy disk, can be done with the HxC.
On the sdcard each floppy disks are in HFE files.

Wireman

Post by Wireman »

Hi Again
Sorry about that I know that the HXC can do just about any floppy and mine on my ensoniq EPS is working great that wasn't the question.

Hi Jeff

For the Ensoniq EPS and the EPS 16+ there was the SL1 and SL2 SCSI interface which linked into the memory expander, with the eps classic the scsi and the memory expander needed to be by the same manufacturer or problems occur like it doesn't work.
The SL1 and SL2 interfaces are harder to get than Hens Teeth. When one comes up its gone for big money. The support for scsi is within the software for the ensoniq and the output for the adapter is from the memory expander but I have never seen a scsi adapter in the flesh.
I've been trying to find out about the header on my expansion card as this is what the scsi adapter plugs into sorry i can't give you more info about it. I think it's a 10way header and after the adapter ends up as SCSi1

jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i have the full schems for the scsi board and i uploaded to the eps/asr10 forum with the term power mods

pulkomandy

Post by pulkomandy »

There are SCSI solutions in other places.
Here is one of them: http://micha.freeshell.org/pcmcia_drive/index.php. It comes with full schematics and sourcecode, and allows you to use a PCMCIA storage, for example a PCMCIA to SD card adapter.
But there are also professional, ready-made solutions, like SCSI to IDE or SATA converters to plug any hard disk.