Ensoniq ASR-10 Settings ?

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
sonz

Ensoniq ASR-10 Settings ?

Post by sonz »

Hi Guys,
i justed received my SD-HxC Emu.

I managed to download an EDA Image of the ASR OS3.53 at this location (http://www.soundcentral.com/download/ke ... r10353.zip), converted it to HFE and loaded it onto an 2GB Fat32 formatted SD-Card.
I can choose the file on the Emulator and it displays "ASR10353_EDA.hfe"RA T002/080 S:1" but my ASR-10 wont boot from the Emulator !
I also dumped my original ASR-OS Disc with the HxCFloppyEmulator but the ASR wont boot ether.
If i insert the dumped Disc into the ASR-FloppyDrive it will boot.

I just tried to boot from an SCSI Device and then change to the Floppy to read Instruments from it and this is also not working.
The ASR told me "Device not Ready" with or without any Image mounted.

The Jumper is placed on ID2/DriveA.
Board Revision is C 100910
Firmware is 1.6.0.o

what i'm doing wrong here ?

Thanks in advance,
Sonz

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq ASR-10 Settings ?

Post by Jeff »

sonz wrote: The Jumper is placed on ID2/DriveA.
try ID0/DriveA.

Is the floppy access led on with all jumper position ? if yes revert the floppy cable.

sonz

Post by sonz »

Jeff wrote: Is the floppy access led on with all jumper position ? if yes revert the floppy cable.
This was the problem,now everthing works fine :)
Thanks for the Help !

asr10david

Post by asr10david »

Hi, sorry for stealing the thread.

I've got my SD floppy emulator installed and it works great with the asr-10, except for one thing. I can't figure out how to be able to save to the memory card from the asr-10. I only get errors.

Can someone explain how to set up this so I can save my works?

David

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

asr10david wrote:Hi, sorry for stealing the thread.

I've got my SD floppy emulator installed and it works great with the asr-10, except for one thing. I can't figure out how to be able to save to the memory card from the asr-10. I only get errors.

Can someone explain how to set up this so I can save my works?

David
Which error did you get ?

Can you send me one HFE file that your are using ?

What is your jumper setting ?

asr10david

Post by asr10david »

Hi, again!

I wanted to try everything from scratch (if there maybe were any corrupt files or something) so i formated the 4gb transcend sdhc-card and saved a new config file to card with "HFE file interface mode" on "Auto".

I downloaded the OS-file from sonz link and saved/exported it onto the memory card as well.

Then I put the memory card into the asr-10 and now another problem occurred. The OS won't boot. It freezes at: "RA T:003/080 S:1" and the display on the asr-10 says: "FILE OP ERROR NUM: 040"

I have had this problem before and to fix it I just exported several copies of the OS onto the memory card and one of them would work and the asr-10 runs great. But this doesn't feel so stable, most because I don't know what the problem is. got any clues?

I will post again when I get the OS to run again, I've been a bit busy so I haven't had time to fix it yet.

The jumer settings is ID0/Drive A.

Observe! I'm a total noob about this.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

asr10david wrote:Hi, again!

I wanted to try everything from scratch (if there maybe were any corrupt files or something) so i formated the 4gb transcend sdhc-card and saved a new config file to card with "HFE file interface mode" on "Auto".

I downloaded the OS-file from sonz link and saved/exported it onto the memory card as well.

Then I put the memory card into the asr-10 and now another problem occurred. The OS won't boot. It freezes at: "RA T:003/080 S:1" and the display on the asr-10 says: "FILE OP ERROR NUM: 040"

I have had this problem before and to fix it I just exported several copies of the OS onto the memory card and one of them would work and the asr-10 runs great. But this doesn't feel so stable, most because I don't know what the problem is. got any clues?

I will post again when I get the OS to run again, I've been a bit busy so I haven't had time to fix it yet.

The jumer settings is ID0/Drive A.

Observe! I'm a total noob about this.
Can you send me the HFE file please ?

asr10david

Post by asr10david »

The sollution of exporting/saving several copies of the OS, worked this time too. I made 4-5 copies and now I have access to the asr-10 again.

I tried to format two of the OS copies in the asr-10 but that gave me a "file operation error". But when i tried to save an instrument-file to one of the OS-files, it worked.

A question; I want to create an empty floppy, but I don't know how the configuration shall be. How can I find it out?

edit: I've send you the hfe-file

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

asr10david wrote:The sollution of exporting/saving several copies of the OS, worked this time too. I made 4-5 copies and now I have access to the asr-10 again.

I tried to format two of the OS copies in the asr-10 but that gave me a "file operation error". But when i tried to save an instrument-file to one of the OS-files, it worked.

A question; I want to create an empty floppy, but I don't know how the configuration shall be. How can I find it out?

edit: I've send you the hfe-file
mhh if i understand you have exported x times the same image on the sdcard and only one works ? Right ?
if yes what is your sdcard brand/model/class ?
Have you tried another sdcard ?

asr10david

Post by asr10david »

yes, that's correct.

I have a transcend SDHC 4gb class 4, formatted in fat32.

I haven't tried another sdcard yet. I'll see if I can get my hands on another one.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

asr10david wrote:yes, that's correct.

I have a transcend SDHC 4gb class 4, formatted in fat32.

I haven't tried another sdcard yet. I'll see if I can get my hands on another one.
yes. i recommend an higher class.

asr10david

Post by asr10david »

Jeff wrote:
yes. i recommend an higher class.
i'm back with another sd-card, class 10. Now I don't need to export multiple OS anymore :lol:

I formatted a OS.hfe file and it worked, saving to it also worked. It seems like everything works fine right now.

Just the last question. I want to export "empty floppys" to the sdcard but I don't know what the configuration should be for it to work. any ideas?

Paya

Post by Paya »

Hi guys,

How did you make a bootable 'disk'? Did you use EPSDISK?
I've got the .EDA file but how can i make the floppy emulator read it and store my library on the same disk?
What did you use to make it work?

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Paya wrote:Hi guys,

How did you make a bootable 'disk'? Did you use EPSDISK?
I've got the .EDA file but how can i make the floppy emulator read it and store my library on the same disk?
What did you use to make it work?

Thanks in advance
Just drag & drop it on the HxC software and export the loaded file to HFE to the SD Card.